Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i spent my Friday down at Akuma Motorsports in Woodbridge NJ. I had them install their intake system, UICP, Grimmspeed 3 port and H&R lowering springs. Going Back to get to let John tune my car, and get my fenders rolled sometime this week, i'll throw up the sheet when i get it.
I just want to throw up some pics of the fit and finish on this intake because I'm so pleased with it. i had them powder coat it purple for me.

H&R

Stock ( sorry only pic i have ATM)

i'll Post a full review once i get tuned(and i can drive it normally lol)

THANKS AKUMA!

·
Registered
455 Posts
akuma intake looks good! How much did it cost? Because it looks a lot like a K&N Typhoon Kit. Also are those wheels Rota Torque's?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the intake alone was very reasonable. I have to find my invoice, but I'll get you the number when I do. Yes those are torques in hyper black. 18x9.5 +20

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do u need a tune right after installing that intake?
yes, I'm taking it back sometime this week. I was suppose to have it done that day but i i had to leave when they finished the mechanical work. i have to get my fenders rolled when i go back as well, because my aftermarket wheels are going to rub from what i see.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Akuma Motorsports has Been a tremendous asset for my evo x and my friends BMW 335 and my cousins 2010 MR.. John and and his crew are great guys.. Very professional and easy to talk to. (talking about Johns patience with all my random questions) lol. Well, I too have an appointment with their great crew on March 17. I did buy their intake and got it powder coated gloss black to match with my other pieces.. Very well thought out and great design. I'm also lowered on H&R's. Getting UiCp, grimmspeed 3 port, mishimoto oil catch can, UR test pipe, Aem AFR and boost gauge with Perrin dual gauge pod. Lastly a tune from John himself. Excited and can't wait.
Tristan

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Akuma Motorsports has Been a tremendous asset for my evo x and my friends BMW 335 and my cousins 2010 MR.. John and and his crew are great guys.. Very professional and easy to talk to. (talking about Johns patience with all my random questions) lol. Well, I too have an appointment with their great crew on March 17. I did buy their intake and got it powder coated gloss black to match with my other pieces.. Very well thought out and great design. I'm also lowered on H&R's. Getting UiCp, grimmspeed 3 port, mishimoto oil catch can, UR test pipe, Aem AFR and boost gauge with Perrin dual gauge pod. Lastly a tune from John himself. Excited and can't wait.
Tristan
Nice man, if you want to see my dyno sheet, i just posted it in the dyno section, i have very similiar mods to what you listed.It should give you a rough idea of where you'll be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.