Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
when you say power distribution block do you mean the fusible links under the red positive cover?
yup

With it being the holidays i'm not sure if the local autozone or whatever will be open today, so I will try my best to obtain a volt reader
didnt you measure resistance already? most modern meters will measure volts, ohms, and amps.

Sorry i thought a volt meter was diffrent from the multimeter, Ok so I got an itch and the fusible link didn't sit right with me, I swapped it out for my friends. Now the alternator when I tested it with the 20v multimeter it's reading 15.33 then I measured the alternator to the postive point and got -0.05. So I got really curious and tested the battery 14.75. Mind you before I swapped the fusible link I was reading 7.9 at the alternator and 12 at the battery. Now the charge service due light is still on no codes but I assume if I drive around it will fall off.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Reset your ecu if it doesn't.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Disconnect the battery for like 30 seconds.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm having the same exact issue as you. Super weird. anyways did you manage to find a fix??? been at this for over a week now

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Officially speaking 5150 racing has his car. His etacs is bad.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any updates? His car running ? Mine has been at the dealership for 2 weeks and they still don't know what the problem is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So both you guys have same batt light issue..?

Well, usually its a sign of a bad battery. You have replaced that and eliminated. I'm assuming also your terminals are clean and free of issues. If battery light remained after battery replacement, alternator output test would be next. With vehicle running, loads on, alternator should still be putting out 14v plus, so measure voltage at battery terminals. If voltage at battery while running is only 12v or so then you are running of the battery and alternator isn't charging. Check fuses and relays, if ok. Most likely alternator is the issue. BUY A NEW ONE FROM THE DEALERSHIP and replace.
:innocent:

·
Registered
5 Posts
So here's the thing, last Sunday the "Charge Service Due" notification came across my dash along with the battery light. Confused I took the battery in tested fine did some research and bought a multimeter. Tested the car off and on and it seemed the batter wasn't reciving a charge. So I checked online and bought a alternator from another evo owner, it had 14k miles and came off a 2015. They sent the test receipt which I didn't see anything wrong with it. Anyway I through it in, that and a red top optima battery figured my problem would go away.....Yeah no, light is still there tested the alternator and it came up with these results (picture #2) now I don't think the alternator is bad but then again I don't know what to assume the problem is, I'm going to go get my original alternator tested and if it comes back as failed then it will help me figure out what the cause is. If it passes then well..........yeah, help please!!!
Hey.
I’ve had this problem. After I replaced the battery the ECU and the alternator 3 times I think, I found the wires to the alternator to be the issue.
So here's the thing, last Sunday the "Charge Service Due" notification came across my dash along with the battery light. Confused I took the battery in tested fine did some research and bought a multimeter. Tested the car off and on and it seemed the batter wasn't reciving a charge. So I checked online and bought a alternator from another evo owner, it had 14k miles and came off a 2015. They sent the test receipt which I didn't see anything wrong with it. Anyway I through it in, that and a red top optima battery figured my problem would go away.....Yeah no, light is still there tested the alternator and it came up with these results (picture #2) now I don't think the alternator is bad but then again I don't know what to assume the problem is, I'm going to go get my original alternator tested and if it comes back as failed then it will help me figure out what the cause is. If it passes then well..........yeah, help please!!!
Hey. I believe Ive had this issue before.
After replacing the battery, alternator 3 times and the ECU, I found the issue to be the wiring to the alternator. The S terminal to the alternator 4 plug harness wasn’t seeing proper battery voltage. It would sometimes but dropped off most of the time causing the alternator to send too much voltage to the car giving my car battery check lights and messing with my dash.
So. I ran a new wire straight from the + battery terminal to the S terminal at the alternator plug.
I never had the problem again.
I have a wiring diagram but I don’t really know how to post it up. I hope this helps.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts