Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi : I am thinking of purchasing an Aluminum Valve cover to replace the plastic one on the 4B11T. However STM says on their web site "The vent that connects to the intake pipe is different between them. If you upgrade your plastic valve cover, you will need to change that line... unfortunately that OEM vent hose is discontinued from Mitsubishi and no longer available." As I understand the aluminum cover was standard on 2008-2009 models. I was going to also install the MAP catch can at the same time so maybe not an issue.

Anyone have problems with a swap of the plastic for aluminum cover in 2010 - 2015 models?

·
Registered
30 Posts
The vent on the metal valve cover is slightly smaller and faces towards the firewall. That is why the hose is different. If you install a MAP catch can, you shouldn't have any issues since that hose is removed and capped on the intake pipe. You only need to remove the OEM vent fitting on the metal valve cover and install the supplied press on fitting to make it work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Sounds like the catch can with the aluminum valve cover is the way to go.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I also have the MAP catch can. It's really a nice setup. Mine came with a separate fitting for both metal and plastic valve covers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi : I am thinking of purchasing an Aluminum Valve cover to replace the plastic one on the 4B11T. However STM says on their web site "The vent that connects to the intake pipe is different between them. If you upgrade your plastic valve cover, you will need to change that line... unfortunately that OEM vent hose is discontinued from Mitsubishi and no longer available." As I understand the aluminum cover was standard on 2008-2009 models. I was going to also install the MAP catch can at the same time so maybe not an issue.

Anyone have problems with a swap of the plastic for aluminum cover in 2010 - 2015 models?
Hi

I have just replaced my plastic cover for the aluminum cover because I got a new manifold I also have the map catch can it’s all perfect and highly recommend changing it as the other ones can melt and catch fire if you have upgraded manifold and turbo have fun

1 - 5 of 5 Posts