Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - about to take Evo to the tuner in a few days. Hoping these mods + tune gets the best out of Evo.

I've never been into modifying cars but this one feels wanting for more. Once the tune is done, I won't be chasing any power gains. I won't lower it either as its my daily car in Canadian winters and will see rare track duty during summer.

Following is what I've picked up so far.
1. Test pipes (downpipe and CBE is factory)
2. Electronic Boost Controller
3. Cosworth drop-in filter
4. Accessport

If you had to add max two parts to this (<$500 total), what would you pick and why? The reason I ask as tune is nearly $800 and I don't want to have regrets/ second thoughts about smaller items I could have installed for cheap at this point...

·
Registered
449 Posts
I don't really know what all I would add considering your goals. Maybe gauges (boost gauge and wideband)? But you could add those anytime, unless the tuner recommends getting them before the tune. Unless you want IC piping or something but that would be mostly for looks.

Maybe save the extra money for a replacement AYC pump needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't really know what all I would add considering your goals. Maybe gauges (boost gauge and wideband)? But you could add those anytime, unless the tuner recommends getting them before the tune. Unless you want IC piping or something but that would be mostly for looks.

Maybe save the extra money for a replacement AYC pump needs to be replaced.
AYC just replaced. WK shifter is another piece - hopefully that fixes the poor shift feel of GSR.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts