Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the other thread it seems like a lot of people think the Evo looks like a Mazda 3? :confused:

Not that I think there's anything wrong with the Mazda 3 as a car, but I just don't see it.

Am I the only one who thinks even the base model Lancer looks amazing, especially for what it is - a compact cheap economy car. I see more Alfa Brera then Mazda 3 personally:

·
Registered
442 Posts
I think base lancers look alright nothing special, they do stick out from the other econo boxes mostly because of the liniar body lines. Now I cannot see how someone can confuse an evo with a mazda 3. If anything the Evo looks more like the 2006 accura TLs

Mazda 3 has too many curves to be confused with an Evo, The only people I see confusing the two are people that buy cars like they buy appliances, "Can I get this one in stainless steel?"

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think the base Lancers are too plain. It seems like I only notice them now because I bought my Evo, so now they sort of jump out at me. I could never confuse one with a Mazda 3. Now the Evo I kind of feel like I could stare at it all day.

The guy in the other thread is either a troll or at best a very odd fellow.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm sorry, a Lancer looks nothing like the previous generation Acura TLs

I can definitely see how it would be mistaken for a Mazda 3, though. They have very similar profiles. You can deny it all you want, but they do look similar.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
From the back they do look a lot like Mazda 3's when it comes to the tail lights (shape and black euro's).

And yea I think all the lancers look nice, especially the rally red and silver ones.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Considering the only differences between an Evo GSR and a base lancer are the spoiler, bbs rims / brembo's, side fender vents, square gas tank, vented hood and intercooler... /:

Apprently our Evos look horrid too lol!

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Considering the only differences between an Evo GSR and a base lancer are the spoiler, bbs rims / brembo's, side fender vents, square gas tank, vented hood and intercooler... /:

Apprently our Evos look horrid too lol!
Um what? neither had bbs.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.