Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't started a thread here in years. Anyway, does anyone have any experience with either of the two motor builds available from AMS? I am contemplating the AMS 2.4L for street use spinning an EFR 8474 turbo. Also looking to make well over 800whp above 40psi. I know that a few people had issues with blowing head gaskets with larger bore setups especially on high boost. AMS is claiming that their motors will hold up to 40+ psi and the website states that the build includes "AMS spec big-bore head gasket". Since they had custom cams made by Kelford, am I wrong to assumed that they had some special headgasket made as well? Could this possible AMS spec headgasket hold such PSI without failure? I have not seen many post from AMS 2.4L owners so its hard to find good info. AMS also assured me that I would be able to rev the big stroker up to 8500rpm with no issues. My 2.2L stroker revved to that rpm and was a blast to drive and I would like to see how much more responsive a 2.4L would be with the same turbo setup.

Also, any thoughts or input regarding the differences between the AMS TMP vs GSC S2? I've had the S2 for some years and I think the TMP are suppose to be a little less in lift duration? If so then they should provide more low end trq? I would like to keep my GSC S2, but AMS only offers their spec'd stuff in the build :( .

1 - 1 of 1 Posts