Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,071 Posts
Thats awesome that Mitsu is working with an aftermarket company. Although I have to believe that it is in part due to the delay in releasing the MR and they know that people on the forums will see this and give them more reason to hold out.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeah really happy to see the MR is gonna be tuner friendly. Also did not know AMS was based in Illinois. Kinda makes me happy in pants, lol.

I have a question though. Can anyone explain to me the difference between the Ralliart Evo X and the regular Evo X's? Im kinda a newb on that subject.

·
not stupid
207 Posts

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,071 Posts
Yeah, sucks for you Perin. its like mitsu is playing favorites.
although i live like 20min away from AMS so sorry but I don't mind too much.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
I just got home from Mitsubishi North America Headquarters in Cypress, CA and I spoke to one of the main supervisors from the Evolution Part of the Company.

When i got there i saw a japanese man on an evo x removing the pipe from the intercooler, i asked him what he was doing and he said that he was testing many ways to put the pipe and what effects it had on the car. he had a computer with dyno graphs and hundreds of notes in japanese. he told me that this car was the best evo they have ever built engine wise. the engine can take a beating and still perform normal.

I drove to the back of the building where they had est. 6 Evo X MRs 3 RR and 3 PBP. the Supervisor had very good information. all of this information was from the supervisor. he seemed very smart. not making it up.

#1 The Launch Date.
the supervisor told me that for sure the EVO X MR is going to be delivered to dealers all over the nation the last week of may so they could sell them the first week of June.

#2 The Tranny.
he told me that they finished testing the transmission today. they tested how well it took the mods and roughly the tranny can take 350 hp. he said that it ca take Intakes, Intercooler Piping, New Intercooler, New Exhaust and ECU flashing
(no warranty information though).

#3 Edmunds Inside Line
Mitsubishi let Edmunds borrow a Silver EVO X MR for testing. pretty soon we will see a complete review from edmunds and what they thought of the car.

#4 Lancer Ralliart
the new lancer ralliart will have S-AWC with a sport mode only. paddle shifters will be like the MRs. he told me that the handling on the car will be roughly like the Evo 9 but it will not have AYC (Active Yaw Control) thats whats going to make it different from the EVO X. its going to be a really good car.

That is all the Updates I Have Thanks for Looking! They are all the Truth.
The latest news from the other forum. He is apparently an average joe who just walked into the MMA head quarter and asked the tech...hahaha! He did say he will post some pictures, so we will see how that works out.

edit: Ok here are the pictures

·
Registered
161 Posts
Last week of May. That is exactly the time my dealership told me they would be getting their shipment of MR's. I was kinda skeptical but now it looks more and more accurate. I am again happy in pants.

And of course I out down a nice sum of cash on my fully loaded MR. But shit that final price is gonna kill me lol.

"Hides from Wife"

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, the FQ360 is an SST car, yes?

I want to see what happens @ 500hp. On either trans.
Only the 300 is SST. The Ralliart guy is quoted as saying they'd like to do 320/360 SST's but not without long term reliability testing first.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.