Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and saw a million threads about these cams. Lots of people said they'd report back when they got theirs installed, but none did. Sooooo anyone have any results with these cams? Preferably a before and after plot. Props if you're running a T3 turbo :p

General question - with bigger cams, you'll make more power at the same boost level right?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Pretty much. You may be able to get it closer then I did because I kind of got bored of tuning the car over and over. Right now I'm about 200 rpm laggyer then on the stock cams.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have these cams but no before and after I was actually wondering if larger cams would make more power. I believe these TMP cams are 274's

·
Registered
2017 Audi RS3 Stage 2 Unitronic Tune 93 Octane
1,951 Posts
I have these cams in stock turbo, makes more torque then my stock internals want to handle. After 3000's the motor really wakes up!

·
Registered
18 Posts
The only bigger cams that I know of are the Kelford C's but these AMS cams seem pretty aggressive, definitely more aggressive then the B's.
Let's say you had a gtx3584rs looking to make a little over 700whp and the tuner sends you home to swap to a maperformance catch can before tuning. They say just so you know we have the best results with the GSC S2, we really aren't familiar with the AMS TMP cams. The GSC pull hard all the way to 9,000rpm.... what do you do if you were me? Swap cams while the car is back with me or say fuck it and keep the TMP cams in.... it's a 2.0 sleeved everything is built. 1mm over, Beehive, ported head.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts