Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my clutch problem figured out. I am running a spec 3 and a magnus cmc and couldnt be more happy. Sometime next mounth i should be getting a tune from AMS. I have heard nothing but the best from them and cant wait to fill you guys in on the experience!
Ams IC
Ams UPIC + LICP
Ams short ram intake
Grimmspeed 3 port
Ets turbo back high flow cat/V2

Planning on an accesport
Gauges: planning on a boost and wideband from perrin (open for changes)

Please add anything you guys think i should need
I cant wait to fill you guys in on the outcome and the experience!

·
Registered
136 Posts
you have some good parts for the first tune!!! just take that highflow cat out of there!! youre going to have some problem!! youre going to blow it with only one backfire!!! and youre going to have around 10whp more from a test pipe ;) thats my 02 :D

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that serious? One back fire? And it turns into a test pipe ? Can that Hurt the car if it does go out? I already have all the parts ? Not installed yet

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Is that serious? One back fire? And it turns into a test pipe ? Can that Hurt the car if it does go out? I already have all the parts ? Not installed yet

No, he's entirely wrong. I ran a HFC for 20k miles with 0 problems and the HFC is in perfectly good shape. You will sacrifice at most 10whp from using a HFC and about 200RPMS of spool. That's all. Your car won't stink as much, you won't get black shit all over the back bumper (and your trunk) that requires bug and tar remover to get off either. Your license plate won't get covered in that soot either.

Nothing wrong with running a HFC. Nothing at all. People make big power on HFCs all the time.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, he's entirely wrong. I ran a HFC for 20k miles with 0 problems and the HFC is in perfectly good shape. You will sacrifice at most 10whp from using a HFC and about 200RPMS of spool. That's all. Your car won't stink as much, you won't get black shit all over the back bumper (and your trunk) that requires bug and tar remover to get off either. Your license plate won't get covered in that soot either.

Nothing wrong with running a HFC. Nothing at all. People make big power on HFCs all the time.
Ty for this. I'm not looking to set any land speed records soon and I can't stand the smell and all the stuff that comes out.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So im getting tuned by Ams tomorrow and im pretty excited because i know ams does awsome stuff, but i cant help but be very worried that something will go wrong after the tune. Weather its 1 mouth or a year. I know its unheard of for a moter to blow from just basic bolt ons, but is there anything i should do to keep my motor in great shape and running good for as long as i can?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I would say that this was an extremely successful day. First off Ams is truly just amazing, there customer service is beyond expectational They mean business with a smile and are there to truly help. Remember you get what you pay for so taking the cheap way isn't always the best way
After hearing my car scream on the dyno, witch scared the living piss out of me for some reason the car had made 340 WHP at 25lbs of boost (with the mods listed originally except licp) witch was way above my expectations. I was looking at around 310-320 so I was very pleased.
I will try to get a picture up of the graph. I am very awful when it comes to uploading things so please bare with me :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol. I know this is going to sound crazy. But even with my 1 hour drive back home. I never truly got on it. But it is just Awsome. At loss of words. Everything just seem like it came together perfectly and just works. Ams is the way to go and I have never been happier with my Evo <3

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well I would say that this was an extremely successful day. First off Ams is truly just amazing, there customer service is beyond expectational They mean business with a smile and are there to truly help. Remember you get what you pay for so taking the cheap way isn't always the best way
After hearing my car scream on the dyno, witch scared the living piss out of me for some reason the car had made 340 WHP at 25lbs of boost (with the mods listed originally except licp) witch was way above my expectations. I was looking at around 310-320 so I was very pleased.
I will try to get a picture up of the graph. I am very awful when it comes to uploading things so please bare with me :)
I go to AMS this coming Monday, hoping to hit 350WHP BC I have all the same mods but I went catless.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Congrats.... I don't know how EVO X owners can go on for more than 6 months without a tune. Forget the expensive bolt-ons, just get a tune at a minimum.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.