Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been on the hunt for a visceral canyon carver for months and recently decided to expand the search to 4 doors. Came across this MR-T for sale in town and it seems like it's over-priced? I initially contacted the selling dealer 5 weeks ago and he said it was not ready waiting for a new AC compressor to be installed. Just checked in with him and apparently there have been issues with the wrong compressor being sent out, 2nd one was faulty, and waiting for a 3rd one to be delivered and installed. Have yet to get in the driver's seat of an Evo.

Trasnmission has been just recently "rebuilt" by https://www.yelp.com/biz/marks-transmissions-fremont I'll reach out to the shop in the coming days to find out what kind of warranty, if any, transfers to the new owner. I need to find out what was/was not replaced during the "rebuild"

Also, how is the legroom in the MR for taller drivers that prefer to drive with their legs stretched out a bit? I have test driven a number of sports cars that were crossed off the list due to lack of legroom: 370Z Nismo, Jag F-Type, Cayman S (987 & 781), Maserati Granturismo Sport, C7 Vette was on the border of being acceptable. So far the Lotus Evora, B8.5 RS5, M4 and (991) 911 have had sufficient legroom. Gen 1 Evora is a PITA to get in/out due to a wide door sill otherwise it's my favorite and plenty of legroom once in, RS5 is the only 2 door car I've had to move the seat forward in order to drive it has amazing amount of legroom but it's too heavy/GT like for me, M4 is not as heavy but still ~300-400 pounds overweight and feels like a "sporty" GT. I was surprised by the amount of legroom in the 991/911 C2S but it's pushing the financials and I plan to check out a 997 to see if interior dimensions are similar. I realize my budget is all over the map but if I pick up an Evo. I'll have $ leftover to pick up a 3rd vehicle for occasional off-roading.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'd look into a GSR instead. The MR has a weak tranny. Just so you know the evo X is pretty heavy as well. Easily over 3500lbs no driver. The evo 9s and 8s are a good amount lighter but leave a lot to be desired comfort wise(same for the evo X as well, but less so).

If you can afford any of the cars you mentioned I'd get a 997 gt3 or a 991 gt3 if you can afford it. If not I'd look into the 718 GT4 as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Been on the hunt for a visceral canyon carver for months and recently decided to expand the search to 4 doors. Came across this MR-T for sale in town and it seems like it's over-priced? I initially contacted the selling dealer 5 weeks ago and he said it was not ready waiting for a new AC compressor to be installed. Just checked in with him and apparently there have been issues with the wrong compressor being sent out, 2nd one was faulty, and waiting for a 3rd one to be delivered and installed. Have yet to get in the driver's seat of an Evo.

Trasnmission has been just recently "rebuilt" by https://www.yelp.com/biz/marks-transmissions-fremont I'll reach out to the shop in the coming days to find out what kind of warranty, if any, transfers to the new owner. I need to find out what was/was not replaced during the "rebuild"

Also, how is the legroom in the MR for taller drivers that prefer to drive with their legs stretched out a bit? I have test driven a number of sports cars that were crossed off the list due to lack of legroom: 370Z Nismo, Jag F-Type, Cayman S (987 & 781), Maserati Granturismo Sport, C7 Vette was on the border of being acceptable. So far the Lotus Evora, B8.5 RS5, M4 and (991) 911 have had sufficient legroom. Gen 1 Evora is a PITA to get in/out due to a wide door sill otherwise it's my favorite and plenty of legroom once in, RS5 is the only 2 door car I've had to move the seat forward in order to drive it has amazing amount of legroom but it's too heavy/GT like for me, M4 is not as heavy but still ~300-400 pounds overweight and feels like a "sporty" GT. I was surprised by the amount of legroom in the 991/911 C2S but it's pushing the financials and I plan to check out a 997 to see if interior dimensions are similar. I realize my budget is all over the map but if I pick up an Evo. I'll have $ leftover to pick up a 3rd vehicle for occasional off-roading.
Well do you want a dual clutch or a 5-6spd? MR is a bit porky but it is a super fun car to drive and the 4 wheel tranny is awesome. It is great in the canyons with the right wheels/tires. Needs about 75-100 more HP but at this price point it is awesome. If i was you i would look at a GTR. Its an EVO with 200 more HP. Yeah its heavy but so what it has a back seat and still kicks ass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts