Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the opportunity to go to Bahrain International Circuit for a 2 day track event. Its organized by a company called GulfRun and is sponsored by them and some other companies which is why the stickers on all the cars. We raced on the Inner, Outer, and GP circuits which were amazing fun. I did amazingly well in the inner circuit passing most cars on the track. With swift spec r springs, whiteline sways and rck kit, the car handled really good.

Had some problems were I started getting fuel surge when my tank was half full, and got a boost leak the 2nd day as my stock LICP popped off, I regret not changing it.

Its funny that out of 8 Evo 8,9,and 10s that were participating, none of them made it completely fine after the 2nd day, they allll had problems, lool. Do you guys get alot of problems tracking your evos?

At the hotel :p

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
You had some pretty serious company out there. Awesome group of cars.

Those who have track issues must not track often. Making sure everything is tight so you can avoid stupid little issues like piping coming loose on a coupler is the kind of stuff you need to keep an eye on. The fuel surge issue is one that is well known and equally hated in the EVO X. The tank is poorly designed for track use.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like loads of fun!

You're very lucky!
Thanks, it was fun as hell, specially when passing GTRs ;)

ripnbst said:
Those who have track issues must not track often.
I dont get what you mean by that. Can u elaborate?

Hey Sean, Thanks for the mirrors, I absolutely love them, they fit my aggressive front end perfectly, I hated my car with the stock truck mirrors.

X-Factor said:
AWESOME pics!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
clean

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
The fuel surge issue is one that is well known and equally hated in the EVO X. The tank is poorly designed for track use.
Mostly a problem for left-hand turns (anti-clockwise rotation tracks). I've run my X's tank down to the low fuel level range on clockwise rotation tracks with nary an issue.

However going the other way it's good to about 1/2 indicated before it starts cutting out.

·
Registered
538 Posts
amazing cars

amazing pics

thanks for sharing :rock:

·
Registered
14 Posts
This was a Kuwaiti event in Bahrain that happens every year, its called GulfRun organized by my cousin and his friends to raise money for people with cancer.
you can find out more about it in thegulfrun.com.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Nice pics man!!!

did you do the SLS?

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
Looks like a ton of fun!

Regarding the issues... never had a single issue other than the fuel starvation. It happens on clockwise and counter-clockwise tracks alike, most have that one turn that our fuel system just hates. 1/2 tank and bam, you have to relax on the throttle to prevent fuel cut. Huge pain in the ass!

(surge tank will eliminate that problem, but possible side effects include: fuel smell in cabin, loud whine from fuel pump, high labor/materials cost)

·
Premium Member
11,810 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,810 Posts
OP, your Evo looks sick......but I want more pics of the first one from the left in this pic you posted:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.