Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,799 Posts
Looks like the really dangerous part happened 30-some years back when they hauled steel and concrete up there to make starts and that pathway. Wow!

·
Registered
71 Posts
No I don't think he tied the cable to the wall, on the original youtube link he has a quote saying he didn't clip.

"danielahnen — December 21, 2008 — The original version. Filmed with a Sony handycam. No clipping. Watch www.youclimb.de for more stuff. Many thanks to Michael Darius for the soundtrack "Magic of politics"!"

wow.. scared the F*&^ outta me watching the video.. i'm in the same boat as Lady X .. the dude walked on the rail while holding the camera!! please tell me he is at least tied up to that cable along the wall!?

·
Honduh ricer.
2,245 Posts
Ya fuck that. My luck i'd sneeze and fall

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Im not scared of heights but ground giving away I am. I been on top stuff higher than that but it was safe. Go Vegas and ride roller coaster goes over the edge of the building. Thats fun and safe lol. Here is a video. (not from me)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Ya fuck that. My luck i'd sneeze and fall
haha thats EXACTLY what i was thinking... fuuuuuuuuck that!

what would be worse, sneezing and fallin 1000 feet to your death? or bumping into the shirtless european dude and falling 1000 feet to your death?

for the record: fuuuuuuuuck that!

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
No I don't think he tied the cable to the wall, on the original youtube link he has a quote saying he didn't clip.

"danielahnen — December 21, 2008 — The original version. Filmed with a Sony handycam. No clipping. Watch www.youclimb.de for more stuff. Many thanks to Michael Darius for the soundtrack "Magic of politics"!"
I think he meant no clipping of the video?

I'd definitely do that climb if the walkway was in better condition. Seeing where it was damaged and fractured would stop me because I'd probably get injured as I fell, even if I was attached to a carabiner. Plus, where could they airlift you off of that mountain side if that did happen? I've done plenty of climbing out West, but they've all been relatively safe with good clip points and ropes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.