Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christmas came a little early for me and thought I would give another review for the ETS V2 Quiet TBE with HFC. All of the parts are ETS.

The biggest pain of the whole install is actually taking off the factory downpipe. Go buy a set of the adjustable gear wrenches or you will never get the O2 housing off. Make sure you have a good tool set. Everything else pretty much was not too difficult and went on pretty easy. Including the Downpipe.

Fit and Finish: The exhaust, downpipe and HFC are top notch. It fit pretty well but does touch the back of the valance on the rear bumper. I had to bend the lower tabs underneath to push the valance just slightly out so it won't touch. I'll have to keep and eye on this. Was a little disappointed in that. The bolt that came for the rear hanger was also too long. I needed to go buy an 8X1.25X35 bolt. The tips are perfectly straight and even. Love that!! Overall I would give it 9.5 out of 10.

Sound: Very pleased with the sound but I'm not sure if it is because the downpipe splits the wastegate and the exhaust till further down or something is rattling. Every time the car goes under boost I can here a somewhat rattle sound. A little hard to describe. It's when I accelerate just enough to create boost. I think it’s just the turbo being noisy. It is pretty quiet compared to the regular V2 I had on the old Evo X. If anyone also has the same downpipe, I would love to know if you get the same noise. It is not an exhaust leak. Also would give it 9.5 out of 10.

All in all I very pleased and would recommend this exhaust to anyone who is looking for something quiet. I'm going to reserve a couple of post and try to come back and post videos when I get a chance but for now here are a bunch of pics

Attachments

·
Registered
807 Posts
Nice install!!! looking forward to some vids. I'm running the ETS V2-Extreme, TP, and O2-Dump DP

·
Registered
291 Posts
nice pics. i love mine!

·
Registered
123 Posts
great review, gives me a good idea of the quality. anyone know how these hold up in the long run? ie welds, hangers, and flanges against rust?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JonRedXMR
No other flex section except on the Downpipe.

Northevo
Quality is top notch. On my previous Evo, I had the version 2 regular, went for 15,000 miles on it and looked like new when I sold it. Then again we don't have to worry to much about snow, salt and other elements people up north have to deal with. It is all 304SS.

·
Registered
123 Posts
im in northern alberta, we see -10F when january rolls around and the roads are salted thanks for the response pretty sure ill be getting the V2 tbe with tp.

to the OP i read in another thread that someone experienced the dump tube touching the transfer case and this caused a rattle...take a look.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Videos are up on the first page. Also did a highway run at 80mph windows up. It is really quiet and no droning. I've seen most of the highway runs at 60 which no one drives so I thought I would run it were everyone usually drives at.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Great review with photos, and thanks for the all-important highway drone test clip. :) Definitely an exhaust to consider. Any idea what performance gains the V2Quiet offers over stock? Also, what's the cell count on their HFC (i.e., would it pass emissions)?

About the only thing to top it off would be a vid with a couple drive-bys of the camera to get an idea of how it sounds from outside at various levels of acceleration or cruising on a street (within the speed limits obviously).

·
Registered
217 Posts
i got the same exhaust. I guess i know that noise u r talking about. Mine used to do that for the first 2 days, after that it went away.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
nice.. I wish shipment to NZ was cheaper, I'd be getting ETS or speedcircuit for sure.

·
Registered
817 Posts
it doesnt sound that quite compared to the regular v2 or the cobb ones (not that gay quad tip bs).

I am rocking the regular v2 btw and I agree with the things OP has said for sure. DP is still a PITA to install though lol, doesnt matter what company haha.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts