Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone?

I know about MRT, but the stage one and two mods don't seem to get as much as some of the US mod companies...

Anyone help me?

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
try and email APC who handle Rob Baracs car (they're in QLD and have a great rep) but they may recommend someone closer to you. what exactly are you after?

I should add that MRT seem to be way ahead of the pack in Aus, and got heaps of recognition this year for tuning. they have an identical FQ400 tune also.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You can Also get a TMR(Alan Heaphy) tune in NSW as well. Non ecutek 270KW atf and 490Nm

They are a Motorsport team but also produce upgrades for road and club cars and as far as I know are one of the few that have dirrect links to Mitsu Japan and get access the the ECU data from the factory -They won back to back Bathurst 12hours with EVO X this year and EVO 9 last year.

They also have a 400HP upgrade as well. MRT and TMR use diffenrt methods to get to the same end.. well almost same end.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
You can Also get a TMR(Alan Heaphy) tune in NSW as well. Non ecutek 270KW atf and 490Nm

They are a Motorsport team but also produce upgrades for road and club cars and as far as I know are one of the few that have dirrect links to Mitsu Japan and get access the the ECU data from the factory -They won back to back Bathurst 12hours with EVO X this year and EVO 9 last year.

They also have a 400HP upgrade as well. MRT and TMR use diffenrt methods to get to the same end.. well almost same end. - so its gotta be good right! :)
yep !

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have to admit the MRT factory warranty guarantee (anything which their mods do which isn't covered by your factory warranty is automatically taken up by MRT- DISCLAIMER: READ THE WEBSITE/T&C YOURSELF! DO NOT RELY ON THIS) is quite good. Brett is also a champion bloke so I'm leaning towards that rather than TMR.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
so where did you go?

·
Registered
20 Posts
:innocent: I WANT TO UPGRADE MY CAR...

Us does seem to have a friendly market. TMR is in Melobourne and I live in Sydney.... so MRT is the first place I should look into. I will speak to them and update the thread. I am also looking into upgrading my suspension, but I don't trust KING springs. Eibach have always made and have a proven history.... lets c..

Stuff in Australia so damn expensive.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
You're a bit screwed in Sydney.
Melbourne has TMR and RTR as workshops, Tephra and myself for tuning ( :) ), plenty of options.
Insight and MRT are both decent up there... for a tune it's worth your time to head to Newy and visit Ben Perry, we share a lot of information and he really knows his stuff with all flavours of Evo.

Suspension - why not look at TMR springs. cheap and work well. Or Eibachs.
MRT tunes are good, but you'll be landed with Ecutek and they cost a small fortune. They ARE good with evos though and would be great for setting up suspension and the like.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sydney siders wanting a EVO X tune or any other EVO lancer tune IS Motorsport and racing in Rockdale is the place to go...
Indy So, is the man you need to speak to. When he lived in Japan he worked for HKS as a tuner and a race mechanic. He is a absolute wizard with an EVO.. Every time I go to his workshop to see what he is up to there are 10+ EVO's sitting there waiting to get tuned or track ready for race days.
This man pulled 240atwkw from my EVO X on E10 91oct, 280atwkw on ultimate 98oct and 313atwkw on E-flex E85.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts