Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been struggling to get my headers installed on my eclipse as ether shops cost a ton , won't do it or are to far away. Had a couple guys from club4g willing to help but rarely have time or aren't able to.
Because of my health I can't do it and being on a fixed income( social security) I can't pay a ton or travel far. So while unlikely was wondering if anyone here could help. I have a guide on it all parts.
Id be forever in your debt.

In return I'll save you money on evo parts, you can have my stock exhaust parts and I'll give what money I can or a.case of beer(or soda) and pizza.

Oh and my car is a 07 eclipse gt
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Damn you are really central. I would help but I'm in Lake Forest. Which is around 3 hours from you. Sorry man. A lot of the Illinois members on here seem to be from the Chicago or greater chicago area though.

·
Registered
533 Posts
How much are shops quoting you? How much time is involved for the install? I'm surprised you said some shops won't do the install.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've only found two that will. One said at least $600 the other said at least $800 .
Being that's more than my monthly income and no telling final cost would be that's out of reach.

I was rather surpised by lack of willingness too. But then after market support of the 4g is crap in general.

Since I haven't done it myself I cannot say on exact time . I've heard anywhere from 3 to 5 hours.
I have a how to guide .

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
533 Posts
Probably a good idea to post up if you have tools and a garage. Or how far you'd be willing to travel. You know, all that stuff. Or, if you can wait... I'm sure people will gladly lend a hand when it gets nicer out. Can't imagine being in a garage for 5 hours in this weather. Well, unless it's heated.

·
Registered
533 Posts
^Nice. I looked over the DIY. You were right, it does take several hours. Seems pretty straight foward. Just the time it takes to remove the stock pieces is time consuming and a pain from what people are saying.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts