Sure, once the hype dies down a bit.Do you really think you are going to pay less than MSRP for the EVO X by waiting?
While I agree with you, you gotta realize it's a supply and demand thing. So while they'll be hard to get for awhile, eventually they'll be just like the evo 8 and 9 in terms of availability. And by then, they'll be much more negotiable.This is the only thing in the Mitsu showroom that the salespeople know will be gone in 60 seconds, so good luck getting a discount. Canada will likely be sold out of them before the first one hits the Port of Vancouver.
I sold cars for a short time (~20 months) and sometimes a pre-order is the only way to get one. Also, it doesn't keep you from bargaining once the car is in stock. However, market factors will preclude the dealer from discounting it.
Wow, only 600? Yeah, I can see why you're preordering. Wise move.In Canada I was told we should expect a little more than 600 of the EVO X, so about 6-7 cars per dealer. I put a deposit down on one, supposedly #6 in line at Vancouver Mitsubishi (one of the bigger Canadian Mitsu dealers). Once they have ordering information, arrival times, colours, package details, pricing, then I can say to continue to hold the deposit and make it non-refundable, or back out at that time.
It is a good idea, usually we and other people have only done it for various car components and bits, but for the whole car is something else....
You need to contact Mitsu dealers and see if anyone of them are willing to participate.
The biggest problem with this, is getting 'firm' or definite buyers, alot of people will say "yes I'm in" but be verbal only about it, for a dealer to take it seriously you need 100% committed people, so as soon as a price is established and deposits asked for, it can all proceed smoothly...
As for the 'group buy' on our local Aust. forum, I'll have to check where it's at, last I read it wasn't proceeding, because of the situation I mentioned above - hopefully it will happen and alot of people benifit from it
That's an idea that could work, but maybe people will be reluctant if there is a no refund available clause attached to the deal.Maybe once an official price is agreed on, someone could collect $1000 per person, non refundable. If they fall through, then everyone splits that $1k.