Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Anyone Ever Afraid of ..

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  djmac 
#1 ·
Someone stealing their spoiler? I mean side holsters are screwed from within the trunk but the actual spoiler can be taken off by anyone..

Just wondering if it is just me.

#7 ·
Put some red loctite on them. That's only if you're planning to keep the spoiler on for good.

#5 ·
I'm not worried u gotta crazy 2 mess with a car where I live

#9 ·
Are you talking about a GT Wing? Yeah, I'm always a little nervous I'll walk out and find my Varis wing gone. Try all you want, if someone is determined enough to steal a CF wing, they'll find a way. The stock spoilers are nigh-impossible to remove from the outside, though.

#10 ·
No an Evo X MR spoiler. There are screws on both sides of the inner side racks. You don't have the screws :S ?? I am pretty sure you un-screw them and you can take the spoiler off.

#16 ·
The high-rise attaches several ways. First, there are bolts under the removable caps on the outside that mount to fixed threads in on the trunk (those bolts can be removed from the outside). Then there are two sets of bolts only accessible from inside the trunk, one that bolts through the trunk and into the wing, and one bolt from the wing that feeds through to a nut inside.

And on top of all that, there's a shit-load of double-sided tape holding it on, along with two snap-in bolts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.