Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey bros and sis,

I'm taking a leap of faith and trying out a new clutch that has been on the scene for a bit. However, it being one of the more rare clutches and not-used-by-many, I was wondering if anyone have had experience with this brand of clutches? I am looking at the OS Giken R3S

My end goal for my X is to push for 700whp comfortably with a magnus built block with the following specs:
Billet Crankshaft
Billet I Beam Rods
Magnus 4B11 Pistons
Darton Sleeves
Magnus 4B11 Race Intake Manifold

Im currently running stock block with:
ARP Main Studs
ARP Head Studs
Kelford Camshafts
CNC Machined Head with +2mm Intake and Exhaust Valves
ETS turbo kit GTX3584RS GENll
~4" intercooler and UCIP and lower
ETS resonated TP
Tomei Ti Catback
Grimmspeed 3EBC
ID 2000cc injectors
DeliciousTuning E85

I'm on a conservative tune with 32psi at 467whp. I still have the stock clutch on.
But now its time for a new clutch because of occasional slipping of the clutch with doing 40roll pulls.

LMK what ya'll think of those who have had experience with this clutch or know of it. Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Unrelated to your question but conservative at 32psi at only 467whp on a 3584!? Seems like that should be a lot more.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hey bros and sis,

I'm taking a leap of faith and trying out a new clutch that has been on the scene for a bit. However, it being one of the more rare clutches and not-used-by-many, I was wondering if anyone have had experience with this brand of clutches? I am looking at the OS Giken R3S

My end goal for my X is to push for 700whp comfortably with a magnus built block with the following specs:
Billet Crankshaft
Billet I Beam Rods
Magnus 4B11 Pistons
Darton Sleeves
Magnus 4B11 Race Intake Manifold

Im currently running stock block with:
ARP Main Studs
ARP Head Studs
Kelford Camshafts
CNC Machined Head with +2mm Intake and Exhaust Valves
ETS turbo kit GTX3584RS GENll
~4" intercooler and UCIP and lower
ETS resonated TP
Tomei Ti Catback
Grimmspeed 3EBC
ID 2000cc injectors
DeliciousTuning E85

I'm on a conservative tune with 32psi at 467whp. I still have the stock clutch on.
But now its time for a new clutch because of occasional slipping of the clutch with doing 40roll pulls.

LMK what ya'll think of those who have had experience with this clutch or know of it. Thanks
Clutch grip is higher than stock and the pedal feel is a little firmer. By no means would I consider it to be stiff. Honestly feels like an Exedy twin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts