Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a salvage 2013 Evo X mr and I havent been able to get it running yet. I dont know if it has a tune on it but I was wondering if anyone knew roughly how much horsepower it could make. Here is a list of the mods on it:

Cobb turbo inlet and complete hard pipe kit
Cobb turboback dual exit exhaust
Grimmspeed boost control solenoid
Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
Upgraded fuel injectors (I dont know what cc)
Transmission oil catch can and cooling fan

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's a different set-up. FPR and injectors might be they took off parts before selling so have someone do a quick check to ensure your parts are correct. HP isn't important right now but should make around 320ish dyno/300 MD. First thing to do is change all fluids before you even get it running. SST fluid is expensive but worth it. After fluids, ensuring parts, and once it's running get a pro-tune. I used a great e-tuner with my IX, but with SST you want someone that knows how to tune the SST. East coast, Moore Automotive, CBRD. Kozmic (TX) is the best of the best if you're close to them. Can't help with anywhere else though. Good luck.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That's a different set-up. FPR and injectors might be they took off parts before selling so have someone do a quick check to ensure your parts are correct. HP isn't important right now but should make around 320ish dyno/300 MD. First thing to do is change all fluids before you even get it running. SST fluid is expensive but worth it. After fluids, ensuring parts, and once it's running get a pro-tune. I used a great e-tuner with my IX, but with SST you want someone that knows how to tune the SST. East coast, Moore Automotive, CBRD. Kozmic (TX) is the best of the best if you're close to them. Can't help with anywhere else though. Good luck.

Yeah strange setup, looks like parts are missing. OP are you sure fuel pump is stock? Looks like it could have been running e85 and they removed the content sensor and pump/s?

+1 for remote etune once its up and running.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
sounds like basic bolt ons and tune . i would guess around 300whp . totally depends on how much previous tuner pushed it

·
Registered
10 Posts
With just a Cobb SF intake and a Cobb 3 Port BCS my Evo X put down 309whp over at Kozmic Motorsports on 93oct. So you should be putting down around 320ish with those mods.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2011 MR Cobb exh, downpipe, hard pipe/cobb inlet like yours. I think it was about 315/300 if i remember right everything else is stock. 3500 feet though.

I would caution big time on a SST tune for this car. I got one and it was fucked up here in Salt Lake. I ended up just rerunning the last stock MR Cobb Tune they posted i think it was about 5 years ago. It is not super aggressive but i now have 74K miles and other than the tranny fluid replacement it runs like it was new/stock. MR's cannot take much mods or they will smoke and who want to spend 10K on a SST?

No other repairs other than a rear seal leak.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts