Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering since "The Godzilla" has gone on steroids for 2013 :)

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
For a base price of $98,000, over 100k for some extra features found in my MR, no thanks. GTR is a beast no doubt, but I will take my MR and keep the 60,000 difference.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am trying to save up for a GTR, maybe till 2014 I will be able to buy one... hope nissan does not discontinue it in the coming years..

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Me....2008, high milage then just add Alpha 12 and full Sheptrans mod. No need for 2013 since you will modify it anyway.
2009 was the first year. I've been looking at used ones. I'd opt for a 2010. The transmission and launch control issues on the 2009s make me nervous.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
For a base price of $98,000, over 100k for some extra features found in my MR, no thanks. GTR is a beast no doubt, but I will take my MR and keep the 60,000 difference.
This.

As much as I love high-performance cars.. 60,000$ for this car is enough for me. I think the highest I would go is 70. Over 100? That is just a stupid investment in my eyes. Could buy a base lancer for 14,000$ and put 80,000$ worth of modding into it and it will spank the GTR.

Regardless, no I will not be buying a RWD vehicle :).

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This.

As much as I love high-performance cars.. 60,000$ for this car is enough for me. I think the highest I would go is 70. Over 100? That is just a stupid investment in my eyes. Could buy a base lancer for 14,000$ and put 80,000$ worth of modding into it and it will spank the GTR.

Regardless, no I will not be buying a RWD vehicle :).

why did you buy your evo then? should have bought a 4k civic and dumped 20k in it, and it would have walked all over your evo... (as you can see, it was a useless statement to make)

regardless, the GTR is not RWD for people who can really drive :)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
here is how I analyze it, a GSR can never do a 2.7 0-60, the notchy tranny would take longer than that to shift..

So coming to a MR, the car wont be coming anywhere close to a 0-60sec unless you are making over 600whp and so far the tranny needs a lot of development, and if something is developed its going to be very expensive..

So there is no substitute to a GTR, no matter what you say, there just isint.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
why did you buy your evo then? should have bought a 4k civic and dumped 20k in it, and it would have walked all over your evo... (as you can see, it was a useless statement to make)

regardless, the GTR is not RWD for people who can really drive :)
Yes sir.. not a Civic but a base lancer with a 10 yr warranty (irrelevant if you mod the car of course). But you're right 20k in any vehicle could pretty much beat any 30k vehicle.

However with the EVO's, you know what you are paying for and I am not much into the modding scene :)!

GTRs is a car that you get if you have money to wipe your butt with, 98,000$ is an apartment building. Rent three levels = monthly rent paid off + you have land and an investment in your name. Doesn't seem logical. That being said, if I was a mulit-millionaire I would get a GTR and a Supra and a vette maybe an old mustang too.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
98,000$ is an apartment building. Rent three levels = pay GTRs installments + you have land and an investment in your name.

an idea right there

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL. A car being an investment? If you buy a GT-R, don't drive it and keep it for a few decades. Maybe itl appreciate in value (not likely, but maybe).
nope, I din say that :) .. you buy the apartment building at a 30yr mortgage, use the rent to pay for the GTR.. so 100K out of your pocket, your investment stands and you drive a GTR!

·
Registered
818 Posts
2012 is what I am going for. In august is the plan. I might say fuck it and use the money for something else. We shall see what happens. 12 is the "best" deal out of all the gtrs, why? Suspension, brake upgrades that put on it to begin with are 12 grand and are much better than the previous ones, not to mention that you start off with more hp than the others even for modding. Cai, ypipe and tune = 100-130 whp over stock. Which that on a '12 is 500+ whp not on the previous ones :)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
I wouldn't mind having a gt-r but I just really think that spending that kind of money is crazy. I wold hae to own a house before I did something like that

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
. Could buy a base lancer for 14,000$ and put 80,000$ worth of modding into it and it will spank the GTR.
Well, it *might* spank a GTR - no guarantees though.

In any case you'd be stuck with a $14,000 Lancer. That probably wouldn't get $14K when it was sold.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
GTRs is a car that you get if you have money to wipe your butt with, 98,000$ is an apartment building. Rent three levels = monthly rent paid off + you have land and an investment in your name.
What part of Detroit are you buying in? Or do you mean a down payment on an apartment building? Or you talking a south-side duplex?

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.