Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
curious to know if anyone has have any second thoughts about purchasing their X....i kinda have second thoughts here and there becasue i was looking at an 2011 sti 4 door sedan at the time but got the X instead and now i feel like the subies was prob the better bet since it has the stronger trans.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Love my Evo! Car is a beast, has superior s-awc and has been reliable for me. Plus subaru lately has had turbo and block problems that are well documented on nasioc and much more frequent than transmission problems.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
huh???

troll much?

go buy your WRX, of course the trans seems better, when the motor can only hold 5kw's more than stock before breaking...

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
huh???

troll much?

go buy your WRX, of course the trans seems better, when the motor can only hold 5kw's more than stock before breaking...
Why are soo many guys blowing windows in their blocks on here then? Goes both ways.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
err, Evo's make a damn sight more than 5kw on the factory block before blowing up...

·
Registered
518 Posts
I thought about buying a used 08 GSR to match my 10 MR... that counts as a second thought about buying an Evo right?

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Zero regrets. Perfect car. Can do everything my old Viper could do, AND carry my kids around AND go thru the snow like nothing else AND my wife can drive it as easily as our Sienna minivan (MR)

·
Registered
448 Posts
sometimes due to the clutch and relays being shit from mitsu but i bought the car knowing this and i love it even more w every mod i put into it :rock:

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Sounds like us Evo owners (at least a lot of MR guys) are pretty satisfied with the EVO.

·
Registered
438 Posts
No regrets still loving the car, if you have regrets trade in your x and get the subaru otherwise you will never be happy thinking everyday what it might have been. If you cant afford to do that then stop thinking about what could have been and concentrate on what it is.

PS I'm drunk

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Sounds like us Evo owners (at least a lot of MR guys) are pretty satisfied with the EVO.
Yep, thrilled with it so far.

I'd love to pick up a second one second-hand to mod and keep this one stock. That's certainly not in the budget any time soon but it would sure be nice. :D

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
No regrets here.

So you join an Evo X forum, decide on the username "4b11ftw", and then complain about having went with an Evo instead of an STI?

BTW, thread turning into yet another 5Speed/GSR vs SST/MR Thread in 3....2....

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have been reading about the Evo X and its weaknesses, whether it is a manual or w/ SST transmission (love either one). There were so many cars that I looked at and read about them too. My final decision last November was to order the 2012 Evo X MR, and was delivered December 30. NO regrets so far, it is an awesome car IMHO.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
none

·
Registered
807 Posts
curious to know if anyone has have any second thoughts about purchasing their X....i kinda have second thoughts here and there becasue i was looking at an 2011 sti 4 door sedan at the time but got the X instead and now i feel like the subies was prob the better bet since it has the stronger trans.
Ha do you know nothing about the ringland failures and cylinder 2 and 4 problems that plague the STi? People are blowing them up just by going stage 1. In terms of straight line power the Evo and STi are generally evenly matched, but the Evo is far superior in the turns.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts