Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
If you buy the upgrade with the wheel and compressor housing make sure you have your shop send it off to balance it (Any brand turbo will fail if its not balanced properly), that way you don't have to worry about anything. If you bought the whole the turbo then it should have already been balanced so you can just drop it in. There weren't any flaws cast on my wheel or housing. I am sure you will be good to go.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Update on the Arashi Situation

Hey all,

I have installed the 20g arashi, tubular mani and ev1000's and am now in the tuning phase. After throwing an initial "safe" tune on it with basic injector scaling and latency, the car pulls (and sounds) like a tractor trailer. Just got my Openport 2.0 and all required software so I am hanging up the Cobb products and going open source. Looks like some great software from limitless and tactrix and I'm enjoying diving in. Will keep updating as my tune gets closer to where it needs to be ;)

Grant

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Hey all,

I have installed the 20g arashi, tubular mani and ev1000's and am now in the tuning phase. After throwing an initial "safe" tune on it with basic injector scaling and latency, the car pulls (and sounds) like a tractor trailer. Just got my Openport 2.0 and all required software so I am hanging up the Cobb products and going open source. Looks like some great software from limitless and tactrix and I'm enjoying diving in. Will keep updating as my tune gets closer to where it needs to be ;)

Grant
You mean it doesn't pull and clunks everywhere? That's what I imagine a tractor trailer to be:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Yea you can really hear the turbo spool once you upgrade it, I know I enjoy it. I can only imagine what a T3/T4 sounds like when she spools, I might have to drop in a 6262 next year to see what all the hype is about.

Over all I am glade to see more people interested in try these turbos out.

Hey all,

Grant

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I am actually an ex trucker and those things may not be as fast as our Evo's but the 1500+ ft/lbs of torque is other worldly lol. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I definetely will post my logs. I'm going away for a week or so butI should be able to post something after I get my tune at least half sensible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thinking about going this route, Any updates on this?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Thinking about going this route, Any updates on this?
3011Carlos and I are definitely enjoying our 20g set ups. I still haven't got E85 tuned yet, probably sometime this summer. I was just upgrading some fuelsystem pieces. What questions did you have about our set ups?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
20G Arashi Turbo Update

Hey All,

The turbo and manifold have been installed for a while now and I have had the car running with the new setup for about 5000 km's. I was initially tuning it using Cobb ATR but I had a bad flash and bricked my ECU. I then benched it with my OP 2.0 and got it working again with a stock evo x map. Been tuning with EVOscan and ECU flash the last week or so and these programs are fantastic!

I'll run a virtual dyno the next couple of days and post it up with my logs.

Not a whole lot of mileage on the setup yet but so far this is an awesome turbo upgrade. Fuel consumption isn't too ridiculous either. :rock:

Later

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Good update, would be interesting to see the dyno log as well once you are done tuning.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I would love to post them but other issues have prevented me from doing so.

Just put up a post call Map / MAF p0107p0069 ; this is my new problem lol

·
[Global Mod], [Local Team Member]
2,511 Posts
wondering about aftermarket japanese turbo quality, buys japanese car with japanese turbo. :thinkbubble:
this turbo has not seen much action. I would recommend a efr kit. More bang for the buck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hey all,

Just wanted to provide an update and to give a shout out to LOLO who had put together a FANTASTIC tune for me thus far. Thanks man!

Since I last posted, I have 5000 km's on my mods and my issues with MAF and MAP codes are gone (Suspected loose ECU connectors or tuned for aftermarket BOV with stock one). Also, I have installed an AEM 320 LPH fuel pump. Car is running like dream with just about zero (single count) knock on our crap 91 octane fuel ?

We are moving onto tuning with Octanium octane booster (guaranteed up 8 numbers ?) so after we finish up the tune, I'll post my Virtual Dyno numbers (No AWD Dyno here in Newfoundland lol).

Have a good one folks,

Grant

21 - 35 of 35 Posts