1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
All. please post pricing if you do come across it.
I'm definately interested.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Better fuel efficiency AND performance? They are shitting all over the Evo X engineers!
IDK this all seems....Tooo easy....Like it was left to be tuned....*shrugs* who knows...

If MMC claims they tuned it all the way for there goal then yeah they are being shit all over by outside people who know what numbers the evo X engine should be producing...However with that said I think the EVOX was never about power to begin with but an Advanced AWD and Transmission.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
IDK this all seems....Tooo easy....Like it was left to be tuned....*shrugs* who knows...

If MMC claims they tuned it all the way for there goal then yeah they are being shit all over by outside people who know what numbers the evo X engine should be producing...However with that said I think the EVOX was never about power to begin with but an Advanced AWD and Transmission.
I don't think MMC's claim (or goal) was to tune a first gen 4b11 "all the way."
If I were the in charge of engineers I would have them leave room for improvement for XI and XII.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I think all we have to do is look at the Evo's history.

All its engines were not tuned to the max from factory, after market tuning neting HUGE gains.. easily doubling or trippling factory figures. A good reason being keeping within easy warranty limits come to mind to keep MMC's cost down. ( MMC has been struggling and the new lancer platform is one step to it coming back.. this platform and many parts are shared by other vehicles lines including the Mitsi Outlander :tumbleweed:

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.nz/vehicles/suvs/outlander/

Also I dont think there will be too much change in the XI but possibly the XII.. once again the past history of the evo's predict this. ie not too much change from evo 1 to 3.. not too much from evo 7 to 8.. etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.