Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 14736 Posts

·
[E-Tuner]
15,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
we are trying to become local team members with this site. all we need is at least 6 members, a president and a vp and have to do at least 4 meets a year, and pay 200.00 bucks.

I know of one guy who is interested. let me know who else is.

*Update 9/20/11*

I will make a list of everyone interested in becoming an actual team on this forum.

1. chetrickerman
2. killmode
3. nkbourgeois

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
im interested but dont have 200.00 bucks lol!

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
good luck with getting your team together. out of curiosity, what's the whole idea of local teams? and what do you get for that $200?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
good luck with getting your team together. out of curiosity, what's the whole idea of local teams? and what do you get for that $200?
yeah im currious to...:confused2:

·
Registered
336 Posts
im interested but dont have 200.00 bucks lol!
Glad to know your interested, I'm the other person he's talking about btw! And far as the 200.00 bucks goes that's for the entire team so we'd be splitting the cost amongst us all :rock:. And the fee is to provide swag for the team to include a banner. We've discussed this via pm a bit and so far our preliminary meeting place for fri or sat is a shell gas station on N. Academy.

*Edit* added the link for local team member info http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22976

*edit* this is what the 200.00 is for, again cost will be split amongst the team.

Upon establishment of the team, it will be required to raise a one time fee of $200. This money will be used to get the following items:
  1. Private and Public Dedicated Sub-Forum
  2. Team T-Shirts
  3. Team Tank Tops
  4. Team Banner with team name on it
  5. EvoXForums.com Decals
  6. EvoXForums.com Cards
Benefits of an EvoXForums.com local team:

• Your own subforum.
  • Sanctioned EvoXForums.com sponsored club.
  • Official EvoXForums.com swag (including shirts, decals, a banner with your team name on it, etc).
  • Subsidies from EvoXForums.com (ie, we supplement part of the costs).
  • The opportunity to have a big team meet paid for and sponsored by this forum.
These are just a few thing's I pulled from the thread for the local team member application, please read the thread so you understand all the requirements.

~Thanks~

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
wheres N. Academy? and what is it? i moved here just a year ago and im only familuar with denver and c springs.

·
Registered
336 Posts
wheres N. Academy? and what is it? i moved here just a year ago and im only familuar with denver and c springs.
It's one of the main streets in down town Colorado Springs, and there's a shell gas station where a lot cars meet on friday and saturday nights.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
ok. shouldnt be too hard to find then. have you pmed slo4b11, pistolpete, ryanowiski or something like that. these guys are all in denver and boulder(pistolpete) and they would probably be interested.. :thumbup:

·
Registered
336 Posts
ok. shouldnt be too hard to find then. have you pmed slo4b11, pistolpete, ryanowiski or something like that. these guys are all in denver and boulder(pistolpete) and they would probably be interested.. :thumbup:
Ah nice, I haven't PM'd these guy's yet but I will defiantly do that! Just keep in mind this is in pre-mature stages so I don't see why we can't have meet's in other places like Denver or boulder :dancebanana:.

·
Registered
336 Posts
i pm'ed those guys

we can definitly have meets there too. i like to include good shops too.
+1 good stuff man, I'm sure we can come up with some good shops, and meeting spots once we get organized :rock:.

·
Registered
383 Posts
i am up in denver, but will have to think about it.
it would be great to get together with some fellow owners in person (rather than just the online support), but currently my financial and time budgets are extremely tight...
i'll keep subscribed to this thread and follow with the updates and let you all know.
R

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Good luck with it... $200 a year is retarded imo. You dont have the support to make it worth it in Colorado unfortunately. Especially when there is a general evo club that already exists with its own website and all. The springs may be a bit sparse, but thats because a large populous like Denver is just an hour + north of you.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Good luck with it... $200 a year is retarded imo. You dont have the support to make it worth it in Colorado unfortunately. Especially when there is a general evo club that already exists with its own website and all. The springs may be a bit sparse, but thats because a large populous like Denver is just an hour + north of you.
Sorry guys.. gotta agree. Not to mention I live in Fort Collins.. so driving down weekly for meets is out of the question :dancebanana:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm down here in Pueblo going to college. Graduating in December so not sure how much longer ill be in CO, but if I get my MBA here I would be very interested!

·
Registered
383 Posts
something that may be a little more helpful / useful than an "organized" club, is for everyone to pretty much exchange emails (or use this thread as a basis) to get together when necessary. i personally don't think i'll have much drive to just sit around and chat about our cars - however, what i did recently was invited a couple of people together at a local high school when we all had some work to do on our cars. i had one local EVO (Dylan) and two Subaru's together in a parking lot and we all shared tools etc to get our stuff done.
just a thought...

·
[E-Tuner]
15,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
something that may be a little more helpful / useful than an "organized" club, is for everyone to pretty much exchange emails (or use this thread as a basis) to get together when necessary. i personally don't think i'll have much drive to just sit around and chat about our cars - however, what i did recently was invited a couple of people together at a local high school when we all had some work to do on our cars. i had one local EVO (Dylan) and two Subaru's together in a parking lot and we all shared tools etc to get our stuff done.
just a thought...
Great idea. My email is [email protected]

·
Registered
383 Posts
Great idea. My email is [email protected]
thinking even further on this - a google group would be pretty nice. that way anyone in the group can post - and it will send you an independent email when someone else posts a thread.

i will set one up tonight / shortly. Anyone who either PM's me their email - or posts it back on here - stating they would like to be informed of more casual get togethers, I will automatically add to the group and we can go from there.

1 - 20 of 14736 Posts