Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I went to my local dealership to buy #MR588567 relay for fuel pump, they ordered it in for me but with a different number replacement listed #8627A011. According to the parts advisor, Mitsubishi may be aware of the relay problem and now uses another manufacturer to make this part.

Here's what it looks like:

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
Green huh? Well my dealer is ordering some also. The guy didnt have any idea what i was talking about though. Hope these are better

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'll be keeping an eye out for this also.... Wonder what my dealer has to say about this relay problem...

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
What'd they charge you?

·
Registered
100 Posts
These are available from mitsubishiparts.net

8627A011 - 25$ + 10$ shipping, pretty expensive for a relay. Might want to wait a month or two, maybe Mitsubishi will issue a recall.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
subscribed... they better issue a recall. i dont feel like explaining to these money hungry idiots whats going on with a part that they wont even have.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Wow, is cheap compare to a whole engine. But heck Mitsu better do a recall. I dont feel like wasting 35 bucks to fix their f up. Is on them, either they buy a new relay for me, or pray i dont crack my motor which is bone stock.

·
Registered
135 Posts
when I blew my engine..everyone looked at me crazy...and no one understood..why the car was running lean...now more and more people are starting to have this problem..Mitsu needs a swift kick in the balls...

·
Registered
269 Posts
These are available from mitsubishiparts.net

8627A011 - 25$ + 10$ shipping, pretty expensive for a relay. Might want to wait a month or two, maybe Mitsubishi will issue a recall.
The $10 ground shipping kills the deal. This should cost a lot less to ship something that small.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like Mitsu decided to use the green relay also for all the other actuators (fuel pump, high beams, horn, DRL, etc) in place of the black relay currently used for them. Of couse being the fuel pump as the most important, but if you want to replace all the black ones we have a total of 8 black relays to replace...

·
Registered
478 Posts
so i'm confused, evo x's that had engine failures or their DRL's stayed on all day problems..do the rest of us have to worry about this?

1 - 20 of 287 Posts