Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

What Colour Combo

Aussie Evo X MR

7K views 75 replies 16 participants last post by  JaCe 
#1 ·
Hey all im in Australia but lived in Atlanta for 9 years and moved back here.

I am looking at purchasing an Evo x MR in approx 6 weeks well work is for me i should say :).

Any how this allows me some money for mods, I want in mid to low 12's and was wondering what you guys think would be best thing to do?

So far I'm thinking the following:
TBE
EBC
Full intercooler kit with hard pipes
BOV
Cold Air Intake (not just a pod sitting in engine bay picking up heat soak)
Ecutek
set of lowering springs (not so sure about coilovers as its a daily)

Is there anything else or anything you would change?

BTW what do you think about Octane Blue, CF rear diffuser, CF front lip, CF front Guards, CF Bonnet, with some kick ass graphixs, XXR 521's which will be re worked by a guy here to 18x10.5 instead of just and stretch some tyres on it and have the guards all rolled and reworked to stop any rubbing by my panel beater.

Would this combo look alright? Im thinking yes obv but you dont see many sorry edit that ANY EVO X's modded here hardly any evos at all in australia (when i say hardly any i mean might see one a fortnight if that).

See less See more
#2 ·
mabey a fuel pump, 1000cc injectors and go e85 on that beetch!

#4 ·
well E85 is like non existant in Australia we have 98 octane premium though which i think Us only 92 or 93 is this true? woudl i NEED 1000cc injectors how is the idle with thoes injectors in it and i would rather run mid to hi 12s in a daily and have reasonable fuel consumption than go to 1000cc injectors just to get another .4 of a sec so is it worth it ?

did you just say fortnight? is this 1492?
LMAO we say fortnight heaps over here lol

#3 ·
did you just say fortnight? is this 1492?

#5 ·
the 1000cc injectors probably wouldnt affect your millage really at all. if you drive conservatively you'll be fine. i read an article in import tuner about a 400whp Daily. it had a new turbo, exhaust, tune, air intake, and 1000cc injectors

#7 ·
and was wondering what you guys think would be best thing to do?
Cobb AP with Stage2
HKS or K&N or Cosworth Panel Air filter
Full Turbo Back
Turbo Inlet pipe - nice spool up

Swift springs - DD
Hotchkis sway bars - shit happpy grin
Racingline endlinks - bigger shit happy grin

You will really enjoy the car with those mods.

NEWB

#8 ·
Cobb AP with Stage2
HKS or K&N or Cosworth Panel Air filter
Full Turbo Back
Turbo Inlet pipe - nice spool up

Swift springs - DD
Hotchkis sway bars - shit happpy grin
Racingline endlinks - bigger shit happy grin

You will really enjoy the car with those mods.

NEWB
With the Cobb AP i dont know if anyone can tune here and the tunes they use would be set up for the US conditions true? be like buying a ecu for a japanese car and using it in Cali it wont work properly lol. Thats why i was thinkin ecutek is ecutek no good on the evo?
why endlinks ?
And instead of panel filter i was thinking AMS stage 2 intake?

#9 ·
just get all the parts in my signature and tune it on that nice 98 octane and you'll have the power you want.

a dingo ate your baby a fortnight ago.

#10 ·
LMAO so you guys know about a dingo ate my baby have u heard the latest about that story like a week or two ago it was a very corrupt hearing by the judicial board.

As i like purchasing my stuff from online and good stores is there any where that sells all your stuff on one site or not really some of the thgins ill purchase here but its so hard to find evo x parts here :( and is your car sst and what times have u ran?

#11 ·
i have a gsr and havent tracked it, but before the ams downpipe and testpipe i made 343 whp and 350ft/lb of torque. now im hoping to have closer to 365whp.. eitherway its more then 100whp more then stock and the car pulls super hard. probably take it to the track to get some numbers once it cools down in a few months. im in texas and its over 100 degrees everyday. to hot for me. car should be well capable ove 12 second runs. as for ordering parts.. i got most of my stuff from guys off of here. being in australia though shipping would suck. not to mention your proximity to asia and more inportantly japan.. and taiwan. you should be able to find a shop on that side of the world that can get you good deals. googke is your friend.

#12 ·
Thanks mate, but due to low volume it can actually work out cheaper buying form US as i found with my Supra lol plus frieght is FREE YAY due to my work.

Maybe when im ready i will source form forums and i have seen evoxtuning.com are they reasonably priced you think do you know if they offer discounts for large purchases as i sent an email and got no reply :(.

Thanks for your help and time btw mate.

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
might be worth checking these guys out..

mrtperformance (dotcomdotau)

not sure where in australia they are located but they look ok.

#14 ·
my fastest in my stock GSR on the 1/4 was 14.2. A MR will easily be high 13s if not mid 13s stock cause of the paddles.

#15 ·
a stock GSR should run in the mid 13's. but in denver altitude will probably play a part. being at sea level in australia the air will be nice and thick.

#16 ·
Mile High! if i had a short shifter i would have been in the 13s.. once i get my goodies and custom tune ill be good to go!

#17 ·
MRT are most known but are shit IMO there exhaust are to loud and their kits instead of working on problem areas just focus on making the good better.

They are bad customer service and im in vic their in nsw kinda like distance of georgia to north carolina.

I think i have my list now and will be running very similar to yours and an ETS TBE but can i run a dump pipe instead of recirculating it with a ecutek or will it go into limp because of no o2 sensor?

#19 ·
My new more refined list:
ETS parts:
ICP kit
TBE twin tip
Tanabe front udnerbrace
Cusco Sway Bars
Kelford Cams
Innovate Standalone Gauge LC1 Wideband
Forge Recirculation BOV
Eibach Pro Lowering Springs
Apexi EVC-R
AEM Intake
Ecutek Tuned
Bosch fuel pump

Is a upgraded FMIC needed in melb we are normally around 15-25 celcius so like between 50-max 80 farenheit 95% of the time

Would you say the Cobb AP stage 2? if they make a 98 octane? what about humidity and sea levels would this make a diff? Can u use a dump that goes to atmosphere without an o2 sensor with a Cobb AP do you need a Wideband if u dont have a o2 sensor sorry might be noob question just not sure wat it does exactly the Wideband that is jsut see most of u use them and reccomend them.

#20 ·
ETS exhaust = $850 or $750 if you dont want muffler. (resonator only)
Speed Circuit Test Pipe = $140
AMS Down Pipe = $460
= $1450

#23 ·
the speed circuit test pipe comes with the o2 sensor already for wideband. a cold air intake will drop temps a good deal, and speed circuit has a hot pipe for $155 which will do better than the crappy rubber pipe. humidity and altitude affects alot! i live in denver and the air is much thiner so i run slower. the Cobb AP is a great piece but for $200- $300 bucks less and granted the tuner knows what hes doing will give you a really sweet custom tune, that will be better than the cobb. if you want to go FMIC theres a guy on here who has a really nice piece he got brand new for i think 3 or $400 bucks.

#24 ·
#25 ·
you wont need the HKS EVCR the ecutek tune will handle the boost.

#26 ·
thanks guys we use differnet terminology here in aus what exactly is the "hotpipe"

I might look into a custom tune also

Can you runa custom tune with different boost levels on differnt modes ie normal sport and s sport?

The general idea im getting is a FMIC upgrade might not be a must have is this right? with the low temps here in Aus

#27 ·
the hotpipe is the upper intercooler pipe. you know the squishy one thats right there under the hood. its called a hotpipe because thats what moves the hot air from the turbo to the intercooler. when ever your bumping up power youll make more heat and if you didnt see that intercooler its a very nice piece for way less than AMS and ETS. im not sure how the tunes will work for the sport and S sport but i wouldnt be surprised if they can do a custom tune on each setting. say one is like an eco mode if you want good gas milage going to work and then the S Sport for when you wanna rip it.

#28 ·
Oh ok so hotpipe is just "pre cooler pipe", i like the look of that cooler and will probly throw that in also.

Ye i know they can with the STI using the ecutek so i think they could with the Evo would you not agree?

and yes an eco/DD mode vs hi boost sport mode.

BTW what boost would u run with the mods im talking about and will the standard sst handle it i see some people making 400whp on standard sst and also with thoes mods what power would u be thinking ?

#29 ·
plus that pipe is only $155 and wont leak boost. most other pieces will run you 250- $350. hopefully youll be able to have an eco mode and your hi boost mode. i can call the tuner in denver im going to cause he tuned out an MR to 400hp w/ a Cold Air Intake, TBE, and e85 and this was an MR. boost id say would be like 21-23 psi, probably peaking at 27 or so.

#30 ·
Yes can you speak to the tuner in denver to see what he thinks that would be great Evos are so popular over there where as because weve always had GTRsfrom r32 to r35 they are more popular here and we love our Holden VL Turbos because from 10 grand and a shift kitted auto u can run 10s lol.

But as far as Evos no one sees them as worth putting R&D time into over here. :( it sucks such an underrated car

#31 ·
theres a dude in denver who i know and hes got an orange r33. hes got the turbos upgraded and hes about to do e85 conversion. hell be making 450+ hp lol. mad JDM tho! right hand drive, everything! i want it!

#32 ·
one of my previous cars is a R33 GTR V spec II Purple

-10 turbos
Power FC
3.5 exhaust
dump pipes
Volk CE28's in bronze 18's 11 inch wide with hella flush off set
Cooler
Fuel Reg
Fuel Pump
Injectors
CF doors
CFfront lip
CF diffuser
Blue Recaro's
Nardi Wheel
6 point cage
Nismo diffs
tomei baffle for sump
os giken gears 1-4
twin plate clutch
cams
forgies
valve springs, seats
and porbably things i forgot now lol

just under 400kw at rear on 24 psi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.