Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,070 Posts
Seriously looking at this roll bar. Can the rear seat and seat back be replaced once the roll bar is installed?
Yes, but never ever have anyone ride back there. The seat pieces are just giant foam pieces. The bottom cushion fits without any issues, I haven't tried the top one, but I'm sure it would fit, you'll just have to squeeze it around the bar, but it'll fit.

Another alternative is the Beatrush rear bulkhead divider.

http://www.kamispeed.com/Beatrush-Rear-Bulk-Head-Plate-Evolution-X-CZ4A-p/br.a73060-a.htm

it fits nicely and provides a barrier from the trunk while allowing you to get rid of the seatbelts+ heavy braces for the rear seat.

The downside is that it provides less noise reduction, so you will hear the road a lot more as the trunk has no sound insulation.

·
Premium Member
11,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
If you plan on having people on the back seat, please do them a favor and don't install the bar unless it's removable for when you want people sitting there. It's a serious safety hazard involving head injury.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Seriously looking at this roll bar. Can the rear seat and seat back be replaced once the roll bar is installed?
Yes and No -

It is possible to do, you will have issues with the the upper section of rear seat by the side bolsters. You can force them around the roll bar but they will stick out quite a bit. The roll bar makes the back seat unusable both from a practical sense and even more from a safety sense. The space gets shrunken down so much that getting an individual back there becomes extremely difficult, they have to be a contortionist to get in and out. The main problem lies in their safety, the bars are positioned where if there is a sudden stop, the rear seat occupant has no where to go but smack into one of the cross bars.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just to reply: I like the Ryan Gates concept of having a roll bar/cage with the OEM rear seats. No passengers, but looks nice and is quieter. If I could buy the 311RS roll bar/cage, I would.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Rear seat back will fit fine. Just take a snips and cut the wire backing out of the corners where it meets the bar. Then cut a bit of foam with a knife, and it bends right around the bar.

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,070 Posts
x2, would like to know long term feedback. Used to have a rear cage in a car, sold it but now getting the itch again.
Late reply,

But I still have mine. As long as you understand you are converting your car to a 2-seat vehicle then no issues.

Also haven't had any issues with the bar, though not sure how many issues a bar can give you. I like it, would recommend if you want one.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts