Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
aka mrubino83
4,161 Posts
Youre, in So. Cal. Its a fucking hub of the tuning scene with a plethora of professional tuners to choose from....and youre considering a random dude from Huntington?

Do yourself a favor, take it to Cobb So. Cal. and do it right.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Find an evo friend and ask them for a second opinion.

That's sort of cheap in my opinion. Tune is the most important "mod", if its not tuned right your motor is fucked or will be fucked eventually. Take it to somewhere reputable that has a very long history of tuning evos - like Cobb, Ivey, CBRD, RRE, Works etc.

·
aka mrubino83
4,161 Posts
nice. 1 hour drive for me. how much did you pay for yer dyno time?
CAll them up. I think it was $400 for an Opensource tune. If you want an access port, They have a deal for $800 which includes the Accessport and a custom tuned map.

·
Registered
36 Posts
huntington beache? that was probably HB Speed... dont know if they are still around thoguh
dont pick a tune because of an hourly rate...
Cobb Socal is fantastic with every car that comes through their doors. Evo's from Cobb tend to put down a lot of power.
Also, there is Yimi Sport, and Forged Performance (Costa mesa i think) both do excellent work and all 3 cost about the same.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Get an E-Tune, I payed 900$ for a protune that sucked and 250$ for an E-Tune that was way better
Choosing the right tuner is everything. Was it a reputable Evo tuner? Also to the OP, listen to the flock and get someone who has a good reputation or risk wasting your money on a shitty tune.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
huntington beache? that was probably HB Speed... dont know if they are still around thoguh
dont pick a tune because of an hourly rate...
Cobb Socal is fantastic with every car that comes through their doors. Evo's from Cobb tend to put down a lot of power.
Also, there is Yimi Sport, and Forged Performance (Costa mesa i think) both do excellent work and all 3 cost about the same.
Jon from HB Speed is the tuner at SoCal Cobb...bakaunchi is his screen name.

·
Registered
776 Posts
anyone know a good tuner near the central valley?...the nearest one is GST motorsport but it like 3hrs drive from fresno, ca.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.