Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the first and sole owner of a 2008 GSR. Vehicle is stock. I had my AWC pump failed for the 3rd time last year. The part being off original 10-year drivetrain warranty, I paid out-of-pocket to replace it in Aug 2019 only for it to failed again in Feb 2020. I brought the vehicle in for the 1yr/20k warranty repair and claim was denied because there's now a new diagnostic test conducted that showed tacho had exceeded red line. I spoke to the Service Manager at my dealership who explained that this is a new requirement from Mitsubishi Motors Canada (MMC), and he's facing the same issue having to explain the denied claim to several other owners. My contention is there is no indication that the red line was the cause of pump failure, and there has apparently been a long history of the pump defect and failure in cold weather (dating back to 2009). As mentioned, my vehicle had not been modified and I certainly haven't red-lined in the 6 months since the part replacement. I have exchanged emails with MMC to appeal the denial with no success. I plan to seek legal advice on this matter and was wondering how many other owners this affected in Canada. Look forward to responses!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, my 4wd service light popped up last month. I took my car in this week and they are refusing to cover it under warranty because its "modified", has lowered suspension, aftermarket exhaust and intake. Mitsubishi Canada said increasing performance causes the pump to work harder resulting in wear and failure.(Load of crap if you ask me.) Its my understanding these pumps fail due to salt corrosion and cold weather, and it happens in both modded and stock cars. The part is defective. In 2014 an extended warranty was issued to cover replacement of failing pumps. Im trying to dispute this with mitsubishi canada at the moment and get my pump replaced, as modded and unmodded cars received this and got their pumps fixed and replaced.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JB I'm in Alberta and I plan to file a civil claim against my dealer, either for specific performance honoring the warranty, or repaying me the costs of the replacement. Depending on how this progresses and the number of owners affected by this policy, taking actions again MMC may not be out of the question in future. Please keep in touch here and let me know how things go with your claim.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts