Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FOR EVERYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO BE A PART OF THIS LETTER TO MITSUBISHI, PLEASE COPY THE LIST AND PASTE IN YOUR INFO SO I CAN COMPILE EVERYONES INFO

A) JA3AW56V28U608396
B) 2008 MR (Purchased Feb. 6th/2009)
C) 1st pump March/2009 2nd pump Jan 18/2012
D) Calgary
E) -28C

A) [VIN]
B) [GSR or MR] [Year]
C) [Date of Pump(s) failure]
D) [City]
E) [Aproximate Weather temp when it failed]
F) [KM when the pump fail]

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hi guys,

I would like to start a list with all those who got the AWC pump Fail on EVO X

i gonna need

a) Vin number

b)Car model (GSR/MR) +year

c)Date of PUMP fail

d)City

e)weather temp (average)

This could help to really see the issue with those pump!

thanks
hahah I was just going to start one of these in the Canada forums as there are a few of us who go through a pump every winter. Mitsubishi needs to get their heads out of their asses and provide a REAL fix to this... Not just a stupid re-flash.. the oil needs to be replaced with thinner oil for us "Cold" weather climate guys. Anyway I will direct everyone here to put their name on the list because I am going to write a formal complaint to Mitsubishi Canada and I want as many names on it as I can get so that it has more weight to it than just me.

FOR EVERYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO BE A PART OF THIS LETTER TO MITSUBISHI, PLEASE COPY THE LIST AND PASTE IN YOUR INFO SO I CAN COMPILE EVERYONES INFO

A) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
D) Calgary
E) -28C
F) 73,600km

A) [VIN]
B) [GSR or MR] [Year]
C) [Date of Pump(s) failure]
D) [City]
E) [Aproximate Weather temp when it failed]
F) Current KM or Miles on Evo

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
A) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
D) Calgary
E) -28C
F) 73,600KM

A) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
B) 2008 MR
C) Jan 2012
D) Montreal,QC
E) -25
F) 38,000 KM

A)
B)
C)
D)
E)
F)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
So no one else wants a solution to this? I guess everyone is happy with the re-flash that still continues to blow pumps

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Can you give me a link to the thread where this problem was discussed. I think my AWC pump also might be failing.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I would be more than happy to contribute to this...

But I'm not going to post up my VIN on a public forum. Plus, I can't exactly remember when it failed. If someone is drafting a letter, I can be contacted at forumname atgmaildotcom.

·
Registered
701 Posts
mine too was replaced, I will get back to you with the info:

2008 GSR

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I thought the recall reflash did fix the problem?
A) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
B) MR 2008
C) 02/27/2009
D) Saskatoon
E) -45
F) 54,000
Many have gotten the re-flash, including myself, and still lose a pump every winter. This is only my 2nd winter with my Evo up here and it is my 2nd pump.

mine too was replaced, I will get back to you with the info:

2008 GSR
if you want you can just email it to me if you dont wish to put it on here

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Just lost mine a couple weeks ago when it was 4°F for a couple days.

62,000 miles...original pump, no reflash...'08 GSR...Buffalo, NY...I don't have my VIN sitting here with me, but I'd rather PM someone than post it up.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm in the same boat, don't really want to post the vin here. Mine went out in dec 09. Not sure the temp but I think it was around -25. I just remember it was f'ing cold.

·
Premium Member
11,756 Posts
sounds like you guys really need something like a block heater for the ACD pump/fluid.

·
Registered
642 Posts
2nd Pump failure

A) XXXXX
B) 2008 GSR
C) 01/16/2012

D) Edmonton ,Alberta
E) -30
F) 76000km

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
A) XXXXXX
B) 2008 MR t/p
C) ~April 2011
D) Toronto, ON
E) -10? or ~ 0*
F) 35000 kms

Problem was fixed. Solenoid/connector was broken, caused some damage to the pump. I do not think the pump itself is the problem, it is some solenoid in it...Issue fixed under warranty. Cost of warrented service: ~$3,500. (thus, MAJOR!)

It is a re-occuring problem, with all of these vehicles. It needs to be fixed under warranty, no 'mod' or anything affects this directly...

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
A) XXXXXX
B) 2008 MR t/p
C) ~April 2011
D) Toronto, ON
E) -10? or ~ 0*
F) 35000 kms

Problem was fixed. Solenoid/connector was broken, caused some damage to the pump. I do not think the pump itself is the problem, it is some solenoid in it...Issue fixed under warranty. Cost of warrented service: ~$3,500. (thus, MAJOR!)

It is a re-occuring problem, with all of these vehicles. It needs to be fixed under warranty, no 'mod' or anything affects this directly...
Did they try to make you pay for this?

1 - 20 of 218 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.