Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys? So I’ve been having issues with my awd pump for about 1-2 years now. I have a 2014 evo x her. The dealer has already replaced the pump 5 times since I bought the car and the rear deff twice. 3 pumps and 2 deff a has been replaced within the past year. I don’t drive the car much and when I do I don’t beat on it or anything. Yes I have a few mods but nothing crazy. Just a tune, intake, boost cylanoid, full exhaust, and full suspension. Car has 70,000 miles and I just got it back a month ago from the dealer with the pump and deff replacement. Well now the pump is make noise again (I’m already an expert and knowing what to hear and feel). Luckey this is all warranted. But now I just want to know what can be the issue and why it keeps going. Help a brother out like that I can tell the dealer what can be the reason for all this.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Recalibrate your Steering angle sensor. If your pump is constantly running it might be assuming you are "in a turn" when you're not. Otherwise I would point to something else that directly affects the pump, like the g-rate/yaw sensors and the ACD pump controller.

The steering angle sensor is worth a shot. May not do anything at all, but its related/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts