Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been following EvoX guides for most things on my Ralliart. I'm pulling my engine out, and I currently have everything disconnected except the right front axle, and the left front axle stub. Every thing I've seen so far indicates i should be able to thread a bolt into the end of my axle stub, but when I look there are NO threads in the end of my axle stub. There's just a tapered hole with no threads...

How am I supposed to get this thing pulled out of the transaxle?

Once I get this thing out, i'll be able to drop the engine and transmission out of the car...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found this comment from a while back:

Is this accurate? I need to pull the axle stub from the passenger side of a SST car separate the transfercase from the transmission?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well shit... I guess i'm going to go into this semi blind then. I'm going to try and separate the center diff/transfer case from the transaxle today... i'll post up what i did to make it happen later today... assuming i manage to get it separated

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, but that's not possible when the axle stub isn't threaded...if you look at the picture closely you can see that it's impossible to thread a bold into it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So, I've been following EvoX guides for most things on my Ralliart. I'm pulling my engine out, and I currently have everything disconnected except the right front axle, and the left front axle stub. Every thing I've seen so far indicates i should be able to thread a bolt into the end of my axle stub, but when I look there are NO threads in the end of my axle stub. There's just a tapered hole with no threads...

How am I supposed to get this thing pulled out of the transaxle?

View attachment 286948

Once I get this thing out, i'll be able to drop the engine and transmission out of the car...
did you ever figure it out how did you pull it out if you cant thread a bolt into it?

·
Registered
954 Posts
The way you are supposed to remove that stub axle is by putting a bolt into the stub shaft and then using a slide hammer to pop it out
yeah, but that's not possible when the axle stub isn't threaded...if you look at the picture closely you can see that it's impossible to thread a bold into it.
did you ever figure it out how did you pull it out if you cant thread a bolt into it?
I misspoke. On the MR transmission you do NOT remove the stub shaft out of the driver side of the transmission. It is not designed in the same way as the GSR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts