Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you turn the ASC in the OFF-OFF position we get a message on he screen that says "AYC Brake OFF".

Does anyone know if this is something that is happening inside the AYC where they apply some braking to the one side of the diff or they are just simply using regular rear brakes for this?

Thanks!

Fedja

5,198 Posts

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
When you turn the ASC in the OFF-OFF position we get a message on he screen that says "AYC Brake OFF".

Does anyone know if this is something that is happening inside the AYC where they apply some braking to the one side of the diff or they are just simply using regular rear brakes for this?

Thanks!

Fedja
In the ASC OFF (1 push) position, it disables the throttle based traction control

In the ASC OFF OFF (push+hold) it disables the braking portion of the AYC, meaning it won't independently brake certain wheels to help you control the car. It will continue to operate the center diff and AYC torque functions within the rear diff., regardless of mode you choose.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answers. I believe next time I will try to run it with ASC in OFF position (instead OFF-OFF that I was using so far) with hopes that transition will be more under control and car would now oversteer as much as it does now with street tires.

Fedja

1 - 4 of 4 Posts