Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you do swap in an evo 8 rear diff, you'll need a lot of parts to get that thing installed. Shep has a kit you can get.

I do know of someone who installed this diff and completely removed the AYC pump. He didn't spend much time racing it before he did this though so he couldn't tell me how it affected his turning. Granted he's making over 600 WHP, so he was overpowering the stock diffs anyways.

Why would you want to remove your AYC and ACD though?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My pump failed this past winter and I've been driving with out it for the past couple months and it drives just fine so I thought I'd just see what my options are! I don't wanna replace the pump every year cuz I have a lot better ways to spend that $3500

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
There has been some talk about turning power off to the motor and solenoids lately. I don't think it would be a good idea to turn off the SAWC ECU just the actual Hydraulic motor and solenoids. There are a few opportunities:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would just pull the relay for the pump, not disconnect the controller, if the controller power was disconnected there would be codes set in every other module and pretty much every light on the dash would come on!

·
Registered
31 Posts
My pump failed this past winter and I've been driving with out it for the past couple months and it drives just fine so I thought I'd just see what my options are! I don't wanna replace the pump every year cuz I have a lot better ways to spend that $3500
In Ukraine we have a rebuild service, it cost 400$.
Maybe someone can do that in USA too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am looking to remove power from my pump as well. Mine is making some weird noises in the back and I am trying to narrow it down to the pump for sure. I am pretty sure the to fusible links that have been mentioned here (26/27) only power the ABS system. When I pull them my S-AWC is still working and all I get are the lights for ABS and ASC. Is there another fuse or relay that directly controls just the AYC/ACD pump?

·
[Local Team Member], aka JDAVID-EVO X
16,650 Posts
my pump has been out of work since december of last year :( trying to figured out if my pump is still good but the dealer wants 150$ for just pulling the code THATS A STEAL....

Any idea if EvoScan can read the codes for the S-AWC system?? Im saying this bcuz I just saw on the option for "Select DTC method/ECU" an MUTII AYC option, hmmmm

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.