Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was doing a little bit of racing with my evo x and then start hearing a sound every time I let off throttle took it to a shop near by my job told me it was my driveshaft but looking more into it and reading I’m thinkin it’s my T-Case haven’t took it to another shop to look at it because I already lost almost $600 on the diagnostic and new Driveshaft and still making sound pls help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Was doing a little bit of racing with my evo x and then start hearing a sound every time I let off throttle took it to a shop near by my job told me it was my driveshaft but looking more into it and reading I’m thinkin it’s my T-Case haven’t took it to another shop to look at it because I already lost almost $600 on the diagnostic and new Driveshaft and still making sound pls help
there is a distinct whine that the t case makes, best way to describe it is whining. Search up evo x t case whine on YouTube but if you need a new one find a part out or you going to be digging deep into your pockets. is it only on decel or acel also

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is a distinct whine that the t case makes, best way to describe it is whining. Search up evo x t case whine on YouTube but if you need a new one find a part out or you going to be digging deep into your pockets. is it only on decel or acel also

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it gets louder every time I decel well I’ll say both but makes louder sound when I decel, yeah I’ve been looking for a rebuilt it’s like 3k found a use one with 43k miles for 12hunnit just don’t wanna buy it if it’s not the T-case

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah it gets louder every time I decel well I’ll say both but makes louder sound when I decel, yeah I’ve been looking for a rebuilt it’s like 3k found a use one with 43k miles for 12hunnit just don’t wanna buy it if it’s not the T-case
What codes are you throwing? If no codes does the sound get better or worse when it’s warm/cold. Have u changed your transfer case fluid to see if the is any metal in the fluid/ make sure u aren’t low on fluid? Do u have trouble shifting(gear block) does it hesitate or feel weird when accelerating?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What codes are you throwing? If no codes does the sound get better or worse when it’s warm/cold. Have u changed your transfer case fluid to see if the is any metal in the fluid/ make sure u aren’t low on fluid? Do u have trouble shifting(gear block) does it hesitate or feel weird when accelerating?
Never change T-case Fluid only rear differential and transmission fluid when Service was due car drives perfectly goes in gear just makes a metal sounds when I decel how can I put a video up here ? I have one

·
Registered
4 Posts
Never change T-case Fluid only rear differential and transmission fluid when Service was due car drives perfectly goes in gear just makes a metal sounds when I decel how can I put a video up here ? I have one
You can’t post vids here but get your fluid changed and check all your heat shields like make sure it’s not hanging or something. U notice any change in the car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can’t post vids here but get your fluid changed and check all your heat shields like make sure it’s not hanging or something. U notice any change in the car?
Oh kill that sucks lol, Nope I haven’t notice an change when I was driving it I have the car just sitting now haven’t drove it trying it found out this problem don’t wanna make it any worse then it is

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh kill that sucks lol, Nope I haven’t notice an change when I was driving it I have the car just sitting now haven’t drove it trying it found out this problem don’t wanna make it any worse then it is
well the only one tell tale way of figuring out if its your t case is change the fluid. if ur low and no metal flakes then it should be resolved with a fluid change with the correct level of fluid put in just know that your t case has much more wear on it now. if you change it and there are metal flakes then the gears in your t case are worn now and are grinding if it is low fluid with flakes change the fluid first and then test drive because it might still be ok but if its a normal fluid level and flakes then it's gg t case

·
Super Moderator
472 Posts
You should be changing the Tcase fluid when you do the front and rear diffs as well.

You can check out this link about tips on changing the fluid:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts