Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys newbie here.i just really need help and I hope you guys can help me on my situation here.
So here’s what went down. I just got dyno tuned by my local shop, 3rd time I got tune by this shop already. 1st 2 tunes were good car runs strong and no problem just cel for UR mini muffler that went away anyway. This 3rd one was a little bit different. On this tune I added mhi 18k turbo, ams o2 downpipe, 4 inch sheepey intercooler, dw320 fuel pump and id1050 injectors.
Naturally I was expecting to be at least 340-350whp on a mustang dyno but nope I actually lost tq and no hp gain. I know it was hot during the tune it was around 90 but my last tune it was around 80 so not much difference.
I just need answer guys

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Did you perform a boost leak test before getting tuned?

Looking at your wavy graphs that is the first thing that comes to mind.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you perform a boost leak test before getting tuned?

Looking at your wavy graphs that is the first thing that comes to mind.
I did a boost leak before getting tune no boost leak.
They said I should make more about 20-25 whp and tq when weather gets colder but isn’t that still low for fbo and mhi 18k set up?

·
Registered
142 Posts
sounds like a bad tune or something. You should have gained my HP and TQ. Maybe see if there is an issue or maybe try a different tuner.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like a bad tune or something. You should have gained my HP and TQ. Maybe see if there is an issue or maybe try a different tuner.[/QUOTE

Yeah, I’m going to bains tuning here in bay area next week.
How much you making if you don’t mind me asking?

·
Registered
142 Posts
sounds like a bad tune or something. You should have gained my HP and TQ. Maybe see if there is an issue or maybe try a different tuner.[/QUOTE

Yeah, I’m going to bains tuning here in bay area next week.
How much you making if you don’t mind me asking?
havent been tune fully on E85 yes. On a base map till my tank is all E85 but i would think around 370-410 AWHP which most EVO X owner are making on E with the stock turbo and FBO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got my car retune and WOW what a difference. Gained 65-70whp and 30-35tq no mods changes but just better tune. Car runs harder and smoother now.

Final number 368whp and 330tq on CA 91 on mustang dyno. It was 95 outside too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Finally got my car retune and WOW what a difference. Gained 65-70whp and 30-35tq no mods changes but just better tune. Car runs harder and smoother now.

That's pretty damn good! E85 would be a bit higher. Where in the bay area are you located?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Evo 10 fp black stock block setups

Looking into upgrading my turbo .Currently running full bolt ons and tune.

ETS INTAKE
ETS FMIC + TOP AND BOTTOM PIPING
ETS EXHAUST
ETS TEST PIPE
ETS DOWNPIPE

thinking of getting :
FP BLACK
1100CC INJECTORS
GSC BEEHIVE SPRINGS/RETAINERS
GSC S2 CAMS
ARP HEAD STUDS
AND A NEW TUNE
E85/ 93
AND FUEL PUMP
thinking of switching my exhaust to STM SINGLE EXIT

DAILY DRIVEN EVO 10 i wanted a FP red but i just can't send my turbo in for a rebuild to much time with no car.

·
Registered
862 Posts

ETS INTAKE
ETS EXHAUST
ETS TEST PIPE
ETS DOWNPIPE

thinking of getting :
FP BLACK
1100CC INJECTORS
GSC S2 CAMS
ARP HEAD STUDS
AND A NEW TUNE
E85/ 93
AND FUEL PUMP

DAILY DRIVEN EVO 10 i wanted a FP red but i just can't send my turbo in for a rebuild to much time with no car.
If you want to use up as much of that black as possible, youre going to need at least 1300s, if not 1650s or larger. Thats an approx 500-550 WHP turbo so its going to need some fuel.

·
Registered
142 Posts

you should contact the other tuner and tell him to change professions. that last tune you had was a joke.

·
Registered
45 Posts

ETS INTAKE
ETS EXHAUST
ETS TEST PIPE
ETS DOWNPIPE

thinking of getting :
FP BLACK
1100CC INJECTORS
GSC S2 CAMS
ARP HEAD STUDS
AND A NEW TUNE
E85/ 93
AND FUEL PUMP

definitely get at least 1300s. You’re going to run out of fuel on 1100s and a black. That’s a guarantee.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

That's pretty damn good! E85 would be a bit higher. Where in the bay area are you located?

Northbay Santa rosa area. Yeah he told me he can do 470whp on e85 if I really want an aggressive tune or 440whp for conservative one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

you should contact the other tuner and tell him to change professions. that last tune you had was a joke.
Lol haven’t talk to those fools since. And I should’ve known, they’re subaru guys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts