Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, Do all evo's have a battery lifespan of about a week before your unable to start it? I Drive my evo on fridays, maybe a couple times on the weekend and I keep it garaged, but damn it seems the car crank gets more sluggish each week until I have to smart charge it again and the recovery method takes about a day or 2 to get it fully recovered. I have always ran a Red top since I bought the car back in 2014, its my 3rd battery. Do red top Optimas just suck now? Is there a better battery for my routine? Any suggestions in checking the wire harness to clean up? Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
My red top only lasted about two years. I gave up on those. I ended up buying a Bosch Platinum AGM battery from Pep Boys which also came with a vent tube port. It already outlasted my old red top and is still going strong.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yea I think they changed where they were making the Red Tops. I did something similar and bought an AGM battery from Advance Auto Parts and its been great so far. I can let the car sit a couple weeks and cranks right up.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've been lucky enough to still be using the OEM panasonic for 11 years now. My anecdotal experience: driving at least ~30 min on the freeway once a week.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's incredible for the OEM battery. I have had batteries on cars I commuted with daily that didn't last no where near that long and that was with 50 mile freeway driving.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys. I will definately try to get some more input and change to a different brand when this battery croaks. I am probably going to switch all my custom wiring that is ghetto connected to my fuse box to fuse taps to get a cleaner circuit draw as well and clean up all the grounds I can find just for peace of mind lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts