Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is this the wheels for the MR? Looks pretty the same except it is deeper. So it means I can't buy the exact MR wheels outside Mitshu. because this is deeper.
But I think X will look better if they use this deeper version.

·
Administrator
24,215 Posts
Definitely not the same wheels, but they're similar. I really prefer the evo wheels though. I don't like the "rivets" on the outside...also the spokes on the X wheels are wider, and the center looks nicer on the X wheels.

On top of that, the standard BBS wheel has a polished lip and such. Just not my style overall.

·
Registered
13,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, master admin is right. It may look similar, but it's not the same

The BBS on Evo has 7 divided 'fingers' while RS GT has 8 divided 'fingers'

yeah i tried to count that but i got crossed eyes doing it. thanks for seeing the other difference. im more on deeper wheels like this cause in some point it makes the wheels looks wider to me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Definitely not the same wheels, but they're similar. I really prefer the evo wheels though. I don't like the "rivets" on the outside...also the spokes on the X wheels are wider, and the center looks nicer on the X wheels.

On top of that, the standard BBS wheel has a polished lip and such. Just not my style overall.
They are two different wheels. The one with the "rivets" is a two piece wheel and more expensive.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes, also if you curb or scuff a wheel you can take it apart and have that one section fixed/replaced.
Yes this is true. Having a wheel 'serviceable' allows for a longer wheel life for your vehicle. Such as curbing, or dent being beyond repair. This allows the damaged portion to be serviced without all the bs about finding a new wheel and minimizes efforts in locating a new wheel, if said wheel has been discontinued. I have my pros and cons about 2 and 3 piece wheels. But in no way am I going to put effort into debating with anyone the why's :shades:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.