Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running these coilovers on their evo X care to give them a review? They're a lot cheaper than tein flex and the company claims its comparable to tein flex. Can someone give us their thoughts on this, thanks.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
I have them on my 08 evo x mr, and no problems (20,000+ miles) The finish looks brand new, no noises or clunking. And I like that there right in Orlando, Florida.
I bought mine from Logan @ Darksideengineering. He works with BC, actually he works in the same building as BC.

I even stopped into there headquarters when I was down in Florida on Vacation. Top of the line shop, great customer service.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I think there is a review on evom. My friend installed the BR coilovers on his GSR a while back, I don't think he wrote a review though :( However he said they felt like megan's and sold them right away and settled for springs. This was a while back when the BR was being introduced, perhaps it is better.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
thanks for the input, how low do you have your car and how's the ride at that height?

I love the ride, I have them set in the middle, and think they ride just like my Tein Flex ( my 2 other of my cars have them ) I honestly cant tell the difference. If you want the ride to be like stock....stick with springs. If you want to be able to fully adjust your suspension, and save a grand, then go with BC coil-overs.

And yes, BC has came out with totally new rear pillow ball mounts, and they have the rear dial extensions so you can easily change your rear settings without removing the rear seats.

Drove with 3 people, fully loaded car and luggage rack from Maryland to Orlando Florida and back, and thought the ride was great.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the input jsr..By the way your car looks nice and I like that rack..Planning on putting a thule rack on my RR evo X but I'm not sure what fit kit to use since thule doesn't have one yet. Your car also looks pretty low would you say that's about 2" or more?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I was running them before. I wasn't impressed w/them. Switched over to hks hipermax III's which I like much better.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
I was running them before. I wasn't impressed w/them. Switched over to hks hipermax III's which I like much better.

If you don't mind me asking, what do they run for a set? And what were the differences. I've never ran hks on any of my cars.

Yes there camber adjustable, and They have the dials on the top just like most. They do offer I higher model called the ER (external reservoir)

·
Registered
658 Posts
i have em too. love em.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.