Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with what i have on my mod list, is a bellmouth housing worth it? any benefit, sound difference, or is it not really needed?
i was looking at the CNT bellmouth to match my current setup.

·
Registered
638 Posts
You'll see a little more torque but I don't think you'll see much more peak power. Its up to you if the install is worth it, are you doing it yourself or having a shop do it?

·
Registered
638 Posts
And if you're going to buy it, I'd get it from Depo, its the exact same pipe for cheaper look for it in the vendors section.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im gonna be doing it myself. cnt makes pretty good quality products. i was just trying to see if its really worth it. like would it be able to allow me to squeeze every little bit of power out. also whats the pros and cons of having one

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
Read up on it. There is a shit ton of people on here that have them and have commented on them

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
with what i have on my mod list, is a bellmouth housing worth it? any benefit, sound difference, or is it not really needed?
i was looking at the CNT bellmouth to match my current setup.
Its not really worth it..labor and power if though ur going to install it yourself. . Ill wait until bigger turbo and install it all at once.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Its not really worth it..labor and power if though ur going to install it yourself. . Ill wait until bigger turbo and install it all at once.
This.

but as Joey said, theres truckloads of those threads around, have a quick search.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
No and no. Cheap Catalog parts from China :waiting:
CNT and Depo are from the same Chinese manuf as well, compare pics. Remove all doubt, get the AMS.

·
[Detailing Moderator], [Local Team Mod], [Bone Clo
21,478 Posts
The AMS is only a little more. There's a comparison of the AMS vs Depo, and AMS is a more solid design overall. On something so labor intensive don't skimp. The AMS isn't crazy expensive or anything (it's actually a very reasonably priced downpipe).

But like others said, on stock turbo, gains won't be significant enough to warrant the labor. If you do it yourself that's one thing, but man, it's a PITA. If you ever plan to do the turbo, hold off and do it with that, your life will be a lot easier. And if you have a shop do it, saves a crap ton on labor.

·
[NEEvo President]
15,153 Posts
CNT and Depo are from the same Chinese manuf as well, compare pics. Remove all doubt, get the AMS.
Didn't know about CNT, thanks bud.

+1 go AMS if you want a quality bell mouth DP not sure the pricing on the tomei but it is also very nice
Yeep the tomei DP is real nice too, can't go wrong that one either :D

The AMS is only a little more. There's a comparison of the AMS vs Depo, and AMS is a more solid design overall. On something so labor intensive don't skimp. The AMS isn't crazy expensive or anything (it's actually a very reasonably priced downpipe).

But like others said, on stock turbo, gains won't be significant enough to warrant the labor. If you do it yourself that's one thing, but man, it's a PITA. If you ever plan to do the turbo, hold off and do it with that, your life will be a lot easier. And if you have a shop do it, saves a crap ton on labor.
:+1:

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the thing is that i have cnt exhaust and the cnt 1 piece downpipe w/testpipe. Is the turbo bellhousing before the downpipe?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Well the thing is that i have cnt exhaust and the cnt 1 piece downpipe w/testpipe. Is the turbo bellhousing before the downpipe?
Yeah, any of the downpipes you're talking about getting will replace the turbo outlet and downpipe section with 1 piece. Your 1 piece downpipe/testpipe will need to be removed for the 1 piece turbo outlet/downpipe and then a seperate testpipe.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
you could do downpipe (AMS) and exhaust manifold (very impressed with my FiD) at the same time and it saves a little bit on labor. on E85 (not 93oct) you'll see decent gains, but even then it's kind of expensive overall for what you get

of course, if you plan on a turbo swap, it's much better value at that point

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, any of the downpipes you're talking about getting will replace the turbo outlet and downpipe section with 1 piece. Your 1 piece downpipe/testpipe will need to be removed for the 1 piece turbo outlet/downpipe and then a seperate testpipe.
ahhh gotcha. Thnx a lot. You solved what i was looking for. I didnt know you would need a seperate test pipe. Ehh i guess im gonna scratch this off my list. Thnx alot everyone

1 - 18 of 18 Posts