Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanting to learn a bit so chime in with your knowledge and/or experiences.

Looking for vs stock comparative responses.

how much does the stock weigh?

·
aka MitsuEvoX
1,000 Posts
lolz. It didn't even give a direct answer. Just a bunch of threads.
I just ordered a spec 3+ and was having difficulty in deciding which flywheel to go with. I like the feel of my clutch now and don't have any need for a lighter one in my applications (dd), so I bought the resurfaced one VegetaX was selling.

·
Registered
456 Posts
was answering his question about the flywheel weight which is 13.9 lb. thought it was kinda funny, was actually my first time using lmgtfy and now i feel like a dick. i just took off my act streetlight. use it for 200 miles and sold it to a friend. the car felt harder to take off at a stop, however the car reved faster. i think theres another act thats like 11 lb.

imho, not much difference but that's cause the act streetlight is only like .7-8 lb lighter than stok.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have no experience with a lighter flywheel. But I do specifically remember reading that someone said it was the worst mod they ever done to their evo ix because it wasn't fun to drive as a DD anymore.. Being harder to drive in traffic ect, ect..

Hope this helps somewhat..

·
Registered
456 Posts
lighter wheels are not good on turbo cars because more rotations mass is better to keep the rpms higher longer to create more boost. only on n/a cars is it beneficial. a steel billet flywheel as close to stock weight as possible would be best

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
this is good info, i was talking to the gf last night about getting a light weight flywheel or not when i have to replace my clutch

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I have maperformance flywheel (i think it is 7~8 lbs) installed.. My car is dd.. I had for about a year and its not too bad. It took me some time to get used to.. I live in NYC sometimes traffic is really nasty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts