Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Didn't I sell you brake pads before?
Are you asking me or the OP, I've never purchased any brake pads yet I haven't had my car very long.

DD.. I used hawk ceramic pads before it was ok.. Little brake dust and super long life.. U can get it for under $200 shipped from some online site or vendors here
I'm not a big fan of the hawk brake pads I lost a lot of confidence when I changed out the stock pads on my SRT-4 for the hawk pads. I don't want to have a that same problem with the X because I really love how this car handles out the box.

·
Registered
7,510 Posts
Do you have any link or store you recommend brotha! ANyone else want to add any input on this.
http://www.maperformance.com/racing...-rb-et500-lancer-evo-x-08-10-rdet500evox.html

How bad do the ET800's squeak and dust compared to the ET500's and stock?
My ET500s don't squeak at all after being properly bedded for a few hundred miles. Occasionally they'll squeak when coasting to a stop, but only at 1-2mph. A lot less dust than stock. I have never tried ET800s, but those are more aimed for track use so they will most likely squeak.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Definitely goes with stop tech brake pads. Got mine for $220 installed at RRE...good bite, no squeal, no dust and priced just right. Can't go wrong with stop tech...GL!
I agree with this! The 309 compound from StopTech is a perfect blend of street manners and light track use (or just aggressive stopping). Picked mine up from RRE and did the swap myself. First time swapping pads on the X and it was so simple I was second guessing my work haha. Plus, this gave me a chance to clean out all the crud that the stock pads leave behind.

309 compound is my vote! Along with their 600 brake fluid. It comes in a man can! :shades:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I also got stoptech pads, and I am very pleased with them. I got them for $71.96 for fronts, and $53.96 for rears. I got them from a merchant with no affiliation to this site, so Ill pm you the store.

·
Registered
775 Posts
i have my eyes on some stop tech's. when it comes time to switiching out the pads, i'll be doing the brake pads, ss brake lines, and maybe some slotted rotors. we'll see.

·
Registered
515 Posts
can you pm me the link as well?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.