Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ,

I’m looking to get either Eibach springs for my EVO or coilovers . Which one should I go with ? Should I go with Eibach springs or Tein flex z coilovers ? Don’t want to spend much but if I have to I will to improve handling ...

·
Registered
140 Posts
get coilovers. If you want the best out there, then ohlins hands down. Those will run you about ~2.2k. You get what you pay for though. Quality

·
Registered
428 Posts
mmm, I would say try Fortune Auto's or BC coil overs. I have taken a ride on both setups and they are great. I feel like the Ohlins are nice and all, but a bit hyped up. I would go 1 of the 2 that I mentioned earlier instead if I could do it all over again. As crazy as that may sound. Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
79 Posts
DSG has an essentials handling package which include coilovers, sway bars, end links, roll centers and rear control arms

·
Registered
140 Posts
DSG has an essentials handling package which include coilovers, sway bars, end links, roll centers and rear control arms
this. for the price of ohlins you can have all this and be done. this is my choice soon. 9k/9k upgraded swift springs. among other upgrades than your basic AF 500

·
Registered
107 Posts
You can also look into something in between the ohlins and cheaper coils(BC, FA etc). H&R, HKS, Greddy x KW, Eibach R1 come to mind. There are a few others too.

Also I don't know if you have front and rear sway bars yet but they improve the handling dramatically. Good tires are also very important too; imo I find they make the biggest difference. If you want to get rid of the monster truck stance I can understand getting the coilovers. Honestly lowering springs are not that bad either. They ride a bit rough but do noticeably improve handling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts