Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the best mod for big gains beside a tune or Cobb access port will upgrading the hard piping help at all

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hard piping may increase spool a bit, nothing that you'll notice really. Best bang for the buck would be a 3port (which requires a tune after install)

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Straight line and does anyone else have a problem in 5th gear if I get on it in 5th it takes a second then the boost hits is it just lag or the stock piping expanding
You shouldn't be doing that in 5th... It is your drivetrain about to explode.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Biggest bang for your buck would be a Test Pipe ...
Immediate gains... Tune or not ...
Unlike a 3port which you would HAVE to get a tune for your car to function properly ...
A Test pipe removes the biggest restriction our cars have- let more air pass thru and because of less restriction raise your boost pressure ... If your car dosnt pop now because of afterfire and being pig rich - be prepared for it to LOL ...

·
Registered
180 Posts
On the topic of straight line speed I think for the money a test pipe is the best mod I've got , required a tune in my case because I was overboosting a little, and you need to be somewhere where they're legal but that gave me the best gains.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You shouldn't be doing that in 5th... It is your drivetrain about to explode.
^This ... I'm sure- like me your used to WOT in 5th to pass cars on the freeway ...

But you have to be used to being in the right RPM where the load is ...

I.e. When youWOT and switch gears for 3rd to 4th you dont land @ 1000Rpm and go from there - your much higher up .... Even higher for 4th hitting redline and switching to 5th - like 5500 or so ... :rock:

·
Banned
23 Posts
biggest bang would be a bigger turbo duh!

·
Premium Member
4,765 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Straight line and does anyone else have a problem in 5th gear if I get on it in 5th it takes a second then the boost hits is it just lag or the stock piping expanding
Do the revs go up at all and then come back? If so, that's the first symptom of a dying clutch...

As far as a first mod, I guess it would be exhaust to take maximum advantage of whatever tune you get afterward

·
Registered
801 Posts
What test pipe do you guys reccomend?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts