Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.bestmotoring.jp/BM/200802/

Looks like 08 STI is on top for this year. Still have yet to watch it but here are the results from another forum. If these results are true... very disappointing for the EVO X.

Starting Grid

PP. 06 STI
2. EVO X 5MT
3. EVO X SST
3. EVO IX
5. 08 STI

Results

1. 08 STI
2. 06 STI
3. EVO IX
4. EVO X 5MT
5. EVO X SST

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Here's what I got through google's translation:

Finally realized! 永遠のライバルが実力勝負 Ability is eternal rival game
インプレッサ vs. ランエボ2008 Impreza vs. 2008

世界最強2ℓターボ4WDのガチンコ対決! 2 ℓ turbo 4 WD world's strongest confrontation GACHINKO!
日本が世界に誇る2リッターターボ4WDといえば、ランサーエボリューション&インプレッサ。 Japan is world-class and the two-litre turbo 4 WD, the impreza & lancer evolution. かつてはWRCを舞台に激戦を繰り広げた2台が時を同じくしてモデルチェンジ。 WRC stage once fierce post two coincidentally facelift.

それぞれのインプレッション&テストについては前号までに報告の通りだが、今月号では、待ちに待ったガチンコ対決が実現した。 CPM & test each issue until the report was made on the streets, but this issue is the long-awaited showdown GACHINKO is realized.

0−400m 驚異の12秒台ダッシュ! 0-400m dash astonishing 12 seconds!
まずはベテランキャスターの服部尚貴と猛勉強中の井出有治が動力性能をチェック。 First veteran anchor swop Naoki Hattori and Yuji Ide in the performance of power is checked. 旧型からヒートアップする対決は、遂に驚異の12秒台に突入! From an old hot showdown, finally plunge into astonishing 12 seconds!

ワィンディングチェック&スタビィリティTESTでは、S2000&アウディTTも含めて各車のキャラクターを再認識。 WAINDINGUCHEKKU SUTABIIRITI & TEST, the Audi TT & S2000 including各車rediscover character. はたして新旧の差はハッキリと現れたのか!? Will it is a clear difference between the old and new and I appeared?

そして迎えた最終ステージ。 And greeted the final stage.

1月号で旧型にまさかの先行を許したランエボⅩのリベンジなるか? In the January issue of precedence and allowed a pinch-old RANEBO Ⅹ's Revenge?
スタイルングには賛否あるインプレッサの本当の速さは? There are pros and SUTAIRUNGU impreza real fast?

速いのは? Faster? 気持ちいいのは? Feel good? 欲しくなるのは? Cravings for?
あらゆる視点から徹底比較! All from the standpoint of thorough comparison!
最後のまとめ、キャスター全員によるジャンル別「どっちを選ぶ」は、 The last of them, by all caster genre "Which to choose",
これから購入を考えている人にはヒントとなること間違いなし! Buy now to a person who is thought to be guaranteed tips!

エントリーカー ENTORIKA
新インプレッサWRX STI The new WRX STI impreza
ランサーエボリューション X GSR 5MT Lancer evolution X GSR 5MT
ランサーエボリューション X GSR SST X GSR SST lancer evolution
旧インプレッサ WRX STI Old WRX STI impreza
ランサーエボリューション IX GSR MR 6MT Lancer evolution IX GSR MR 6MT
S2000 type S S2000 type S
アウディTTクーペ Audi TT coupe

メニュー Menu
TEST1 動力性能バトル Battle power performance TEST1
TEST2 ワインディング楽しさ勝負 TEST2 winding fun game
TEST3 スタビリティバトル TEST3 SUTABIRITIBATORU
TEST4 筑波サーキットバトル Battle Tsukuba Circuit TEST4

ドライバー Driver
土屋圭市、服部尚貴、木下隆之、荒聖治、井出有治 Kei Tsutiya city, Naoki Hattori, Takayuki Kinoshita, Seiji Ara, Yuji Ide

ロケ地 Location
阿見飛行場、修善寺サイクルスポーツセンター、筑波サーキット Ami airfield, Syuzenzi Cycle Sports Center, Tsukuba Circuit

写真:小林俊樹 Photo: Toshiki Kobayashi

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Is there a video of the testing? Where did you see these results as I can't seem to find any link through the original link.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
How close were each of the cars? Are there lap times or total race times? I assume these were all JDM spec vehicles, not USDM spec? The racing characteristics for the STI will be different with the different engine and turbo. Any other differences between JDM and USDM STI's? We have been through the JDM versus USDM Evo X differences already (primarily extra weight, and trim levels and option packaged offered are different).

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Administrator
24,215 Posts

Great vid!

Man, that is one tight pack of cars. If you look at their best lap times, the difference between the fastest car's best lap and the slowest car's best lap is 1 second. Total spread for the entire race was under 6 seconds. IMO, the cars are all pretty much comparable on that track. And once people start modifying them, it's anyone's guess.

For as "slow" as some consider the X, it's right on the bumper of the JDM IX.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Isn't the SST supposed to be faster than the 5MT? At least around the track.

I guess not :wtfsign:
perhaps in the hands of the ordinary driver but I assume theyve got proper track drivers to handle the 5spd MT in this test.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Dont wanna use this as an excuse but i've read that the final SST programming just came out so the SST in that comparison was at a disadvantage. If you watch other videos related to the comparison you can see the drivers complaining about the SST not shifting and holding revs to long. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I dont think so, from my understanding everything got the green light but than mitsu ran into a few bugs that they worked out and are using for the new MR's and X owners can go in and get the update from mitsu.

·
Registered
565 Posts
http://www.bestmotoring.jp/BM/200802/

Looks like 08 STI is on top for this year. Still have yet to watch it but here are the results from another forum. If these results are true... very disappointing for the EVO X.

Starting Grid

PP. 06 STI
2. EVO X 5MT
3. EVO X SST
3. EVO IX
5. 08 STI

Results

1. 08 STI
2. 06 STI
3. EVO IX
4. EVO X 5MT
5. EVO X SST

I'll be honest I tend to think best motoring has a little bit of biased optimism... and I find it hard to believe those results....How do I put this It just looks....Fixed honestly.

Edit: After watching the video....it seems that to me SST was not being shown we saw only one maybe two clips from the interior and both clips were when it was climbing in revs not in crucial moments where it would need to hold revs. After that alot of this seems to be poor line choice by the drivers to me I mean seriously they know that course like the back of there hand and they diliberately take a wide arcing line....???? Odd to me and certainly goes against the mentality of being a race car driver which is to shorten lap times.

So to each his own I think the X will just being a very...driver style performance car. Where it will only perform as good as the driver.

·
not stupid
207 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Results:
quater mile:
NEW WRX STI 12,937 s
WRX STI 13,187 s
EVO X SST 13,498 s
EVO IX 13,509 s

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Biased?? I put more into Best Motoring, Top Gear, 5th Gear over the american magazines.... If you look at any magazines with EVO coming out on top in a comparision test you will set Mitsu ads all over the place.

I'll be honest I tend to think best motoring has a little bit of biased optimism... and I find it hard to believe those results....How do I put this It just looks....Fixed honestly.

Edit: After watching the video....it seems that to me SST was not being shown we saw only one maybe two clips from the interior and both clips were when it was climbing in revs not in crucial moments where it would need to hold revs. After that alot of this seems to be poor line choice by the drivers to me I mean seriously they know that course like the back of there hand and they diliberately take a wide arcing line....???? Odd to me and certainly goes against the mentality of being a race car driver which is to shorten lap times.

So to each his own I think the X will just being a very...driver style performance car. Where it will only perform as good as the driver.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.