Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is going to be a matter of opinion but I was just wondering where you guys have bought your wheels on line and how your experience was? I am looking to get some summer wheels and tires and use my stockers for the winter up here. I'm in Alaska so shipping is frickin ridiculous to get them up here! We don't have any tracks up here but Auto-X seems to be popping up here and there and I heard that there is some rally-cross about 3-4 hours from my house. Just want something that looks nice and wouldn't necessitate a fender roll (don't trust the tire shops up here) so I'm guessing 18x9.5. Let me know where you guys think the best place to get them online would be and what I should be looking at as far as brands go. Thanks

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking Enkei RPF1's, either gunmetal or flat black. 2011 WW GSR. Been talking to Sean over at DSG about it. If i went 18x9.5 +15 I wouldn't need a fender roll would I?

·
Premium Member
11,810 Posts
I would seriously contact Oakos. I got the same set in black with 275 tires and needed an aggressive fender roll. Depending on your tire choice, you may be able to get away with a simple non-aggressive roll. Search for "RPF1 Heartbreak". That's the title of the thread I created. Lots of good info there.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess what I am really wanting is a setup where i wouldn't need a fender roll. I read through your thread and i think I'm even more confused now. :imstupid:
Is the reason you needed a fender roll because of the offset? or the width? I thought you could run 9.5 without a roll.

·
Premium Member
11,810 Posts
I guess what I am really wanting is a setup where i wouldn't need a fender roll. I read through your thread and i think I'm even more confused now. :imstupid:
Is the reason you needed a fender roll because of the offset? or the width? I thought you could run 9.5 without a roll.
It was the offset. My current set is AME 18 9.5 +22 with RE11 tires in 265 35 18. This setup is beautiful for stock fender/suspension combo. ABSOLUTELY no rubbing.

The new setup has much wider tires AND a lower offset which has caused all the issues mentioned.

What kind of a suspension setup are you looking at? If you are lowering by any amount, I'm fairly certain you will need to roll at-least the rears.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I got 18x9.5 Enkei PF01 from Tire Rack, with 265/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport Cups mounted. With a +35 mm offset and a 5 mm spacer dropped on coilovers there is absolutely no rubbing. Not sure why people go with such aggressive offsets - my wheels fill the fenders perfectly.

·
Premium Member
11,810 Posts
I got 18x9.5 Enkei PF01 from Tire Rack, with 265/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport Cups mounted. With a +35 mm offset and a 5 mm spacer dropped on coilovers there is absolutely no rubbing. Not sure why people go with such aggressive offsets - my wheels fill the fenders perfectly.
Now you tell me! lol.

·
Premium Member
11,810 Posts
In that case the setup I posted is available in other brands as well. As long as you keep the offset in low 20's and run a 265 tire, I don't see why you would have any issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.