Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to acquire a new car in 2019, as my 2013 Evo X GSR hit 100K miles earlier this year and I've owned it for 4+ years to date (just want something different). While I prefer a new car, I would consider something that's pre-owned (1-2 years old max). Current cars on my shortlist include:

• Shelby GT350
  • BMW M2
  • Subaru STI (2019)
  • Audi RS3
  • Focus RS
Let me know some other performance cars that I should consider. This car will be my daily driver, and I would need a back seat (even if it's a coupe) to hold my tennis gear, kids, etc on short trips. I'm also an autoXer who might try a few track days in the future.

Btw, I was going to add the Camaro SS 1LE to the list but the re-design looks fugly... :(

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Audi rs3. APR stage 1 tune put it in the 10s at 127mph. Beautifully sounding 5 cylinder. 4 doors and dsg. All wins imo
Those cars are stupid fast and sound amazing!

The biggest drawback to the RS3 is the handling. The EvoX with its S-AWC system has spoiled me... Audi has tried to counter by giving the performance package 255 front tires, with 235 rears (instead of 235s all around), but that's just a band-aid on a car that's very pushy at the limit.

Interior room (especially in the backseat area) is also slightly more cramped than the EvoX (but better than the Shelby).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
UPDATE: Drove a Focus RS at an autocross today for 3 runs. I had the car in Track mode, with the stability control off and used the launch control feature for my starts. The car is definitely more powerful than my Evo X out of the box, but the CoG feels higher than the Evo. I went faster in the Focus RS on the course, but it was on fresher rubber than my car.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I like the 2016-2018 Camaros, the new front end is so ugly that Chevy is already pushing out a new redesigned front end apparently, for 2020 model years lol.

But the SS 1LE package is a beast. I saw a comparison between it and the BMW M3 and the reviewers liked the 1LE a lot better. More responsive power being NA, better sound, better cornering performance... If I had another 30-40k to blow on a performance car, that's what I'd get right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts