Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
whats the best stock frame turbo for autoX if i want to be able to hit 500whp on e85 with a good spool (excluding mhi 18k)? the car will have fbo, ID 1300, walbro 450, tuned on flex fuel, and stock motor.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Why not use the MHI? Have you looked at the FP Red or GTX3071r? The turbos from Turbo Parts Canada are also pretty nice. They are pretty budget friendly. I have the GT-spec and it hits full boost(28psi) at around 4000-4100rpm on my car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not use the MHI? Have you looked at the FP Red or GTX3071r? The turbos from Turbo Parts Canada are also pretty nice. They are pretty budget friendly. I have the GT-spec and it hits full boost(28psi) at around 4000-4100rpm on my car.
the mhi wont get me to 500 and i was looking at turbo parts canada but it says they have been sold out for about a month or so now.

·
Registered
138 Posts
what class are you racing ? 500AWHP for AUTOX seems like a lot for that type of racing. if you were road racing i can see 500AWHP being perfect but the stock turbo on E85 would be more then enough to win a lot of events depend on class and tire/ suspension selection.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what class are you racing ? 500AWHP for AUTOX seems like a lot for that type of racing. if you were road racing i can see 500AWHP being perfect but the stock turbo on E85 would be more then enough to win a lot of events depend on class and tire/ suspension selection.
Street Modified for now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Street Modified for now.

·
Registered
135 Posts
An FP red or clone from one of the turbo shops like TPC are pretty much the sweet spot for 500hp on stock frame, IMO.

·
Registered
57 Posts
whats the best stock frame turbo for autoX if i want to be able to hit 500whp on e85 with a good spool (excluding mhi 18k)? the car will have fbo, ID 1300, walbro 450, tuned on flex fuel, and stock motor.
I'm running a Blouch dominator 3.0xtr
spools around 4,000 rpm
520 on E85 and 440 on pump
This is on a built engine, but I met a guy who had this turbo on stock block/head and he made 470+ wheel on E85.
This turbo uses all the stock feed/return lines, and looks stock as well so its very stealthy.
I'm not familiar with TPC, but I do know that a lot of people run the Garrett and FP stuff, so I'm sure you can't go wrong with those either.

You may find it easier to reach your goal if you added some cams/valve springs into the mix.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I’m selling my brand new still sealed BB FPGREEN for $1900 shipped or $1800 picked up.

I paid $2500 and bought it from Ivey.

It’s The best turbo for autocross!

It spoils at 3300rpm, plus it a better transient response compared to JB turbos
someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I autox with a GTX3576R Gen II. Also make just a hair over 500awhp.

It works fine for me since the Northern NJ events take place on large lots. Evos tend to run close to redline in 2nd gear at these events. You're basically always in boost.

Street mod is not evo friendly on a national level. Too heavy. You're better off building for another class if you really want to move up the ranks on a national level. If you just want a neat street car that you will autox locally its fine. Second gear with 4 sticky 275mm RE71Rs is very grippy despite 500whp.

As a word of caution, with that power level and sticky tires you will pretty much guarantee to fuel starve. A sump setup is needed of some sort.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts