5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recommendations for the turbo upgrade?
Thinking of going for the tpc or fp turbo but just cant decide

·
Registered
884 Posts
MHI18k for anything autocross.

ArtGennari Turbo for most everything else that is a rebuild core, or otherwise a built-to-spec turbo that isnt made by MAP or Forced Performance.

Otherwise, get a Garret GTX3576 Gen II and call it a day.

Your power goals are really a deciding factor here.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have one of the best ever stock brand new turbo for you!
I’ll take $1850 shipped to your door.

·
Registered
426 Posts
FP Green is a quick spooling mf, but quite the gas guzzler on an MR. Well, at least on a mildly cammed car, my buddy was getting 150 miles to the tank. That's normal driving without heavy footing. If you don't care about fuel economy then I would say sure, get that. Go a little bigger like say an FP Red, then the mileage should be better but the spool would be reduced a little of coarse. Better top end potential though. Really depends on what exactly you're looking to get out of the setup. I'm not trying to down play the FP Green at all, I just had first hand experience with it and complained to my friend since I had to gas his car up like twice within a work week ( I was dailying his car 20 miles round trip to work for 3 months). I have a much bigger turbo and barely saw the gas station half as much and I ran E85 mind you, while his car was still on pump gas just drinking it up. I'm not sure on the gas mileage that a GSR would get on an FP Green though. I'd imagine slightly better since the SST tends to spool turbos faster than a 5MT car. Cool factor is that you can hear the turbo spool before the car even moves ( I enjoyed that lol). Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Pump gas? Def an FP black or a TPC equivalent.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I’ve asked the same question. From what I’ve read and gathered an fp green will leave you wanting more again, great turbo but for the numbers you’re looking for 3576 like someone above mentioned.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I’ve asked the same question. From what I’ve read and gathered an fp green will leave you wanting more again, great turbo but for the numbers you’re looking for 3576 like someone above mentioned.
I had a Garrett for my first turbo upgrade and loved it. I think this will cost more than the TPC and FP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts