Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to get a test pipe or hfc for my use with my cobb ap on stage 2. Anyone have any good or bad experiences with certain test pipes or can recommend a good one for me? Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
When it comes to a Test Pipe...read my sig.. HFC, well that's another story. But if you're on a budget, the Depot HFC is priced right and has worked well for me for the past 6 months.

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,071 Posts
As for OPs question about best with AP Stage 2: that's dependant on soo many factors, including your car. There's no garuntee one will run better then another with the OTS map.

So basically what people are answering is just what they think is the best test pipe or HFC. So pretty much you're going to be recommended what people who happen to read this thread have.

There's plenty of info out there on the various options though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Downpipe/testpipe

My X is completely stock, does it make sense to just buy a downpipe/ test pipe or would i need a complete exhaust system because I honestly don't want that loud Muffler noise. I'm just trying to get some legit power not legit noise. But just wondering if the complete exhaust system is necessary.. By the way I'm a noob I'm sure you all knew By the noob question.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
From the information I've gathered, replacing the stock cat is where most of the gains come from. The evo x doesn't have a cat in the downpipe so that upgrade isn't totally necessary until you get a bigger turbo. Of course it will help a little bit and you will hear your turbo spool more. The rest of the exhaust after the test pipe is mostly for noise. Again you get small gains but if you want the car to be quiet just get a test pipe or dp/testpipe. Atleast that is what I've gathered from this and other threads.

·
Registered
15 Posts
From the information I've gathered, replacing the stock cat is where most of the gains come from. The evo x doesn't have a cat in the downpipe so that upgrade isn't totally necessary until you get a bigger turbo. Of course it will help a little bit and you will hear your turbo spool more. The rest of the exhaust after the test pipe is mostly for noise. Again you get small gains but if you want the car to be quiet just get a test pipe or dp/testpipe. Atleast that is what I've gathered from this and other threads.

Would you happen to know how big the stock piping is for the evo x ?

·
Registered
706 Posts
2" or 2 1/2"
believe it is 2" tho

they make reducer pipes if you just want to roll with tp but with removing the cat id watch for boost spikes and get a tune soon after.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.